Teiledatenbank für alle zugänglich

– DE –
Servus,

ich hätte zwei Fragen:

1. Existiert eine offizielle Teiledatenbank, in der auch alle Teile, die in diesem Forum hochgeladen werden, verfügbar sind und per Update heruntergeladen werden können?

2. Falls ich selbst Teile erstelle, wo sollte ich diese am besten bereitstellen, damit andere davon profitieren können?

Gruß Mücke

– EN –
Hi there,

I have two questions:

1. Is there an official parts database where all the parts uploaded in this forum are available for download via update?

2. If I create parts myself, where would be the best place to share them so that others can benefit from them?

Thank you.
Mücke

There is an official parts data base here which are the parts in core parts. That only contains parts from here (or the wider net) if someone makes a pull request on github. That hasn’t been happening a lot in the last few years though (I am as guilty as anyone, github and I typically don’t get along :slight_smile: )

First be lazy (I always am :slight_smile: ) a google search of the form “fritzing part part-name” (i.e. fritzing part SD card module) will find any existing parts on the net so you don’t reinvent the wheel. That said, “parts submit” here in the forums is my usual place. In the past things posted there got moved in to core parts but that hasn’t been the case for a number of years now. If you are considering making your own parts (which is quite complex and poorly documented in general) these two tutorials may help. Both apply to the current versions of Fritzing (many of the others are for older versions)

Peter

1 Like

– DE –
Vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort!

Ich muss zugeben, dass Faulsein ein bisschen mein Ding ist - warum sollte man etwas Neues erfinden, wenn es bereits eine Lösung gibt? :wink:

Leider hatte ich jedoch keinen Erfolg mit meinem Controller (Mesa Electronics 7i95). Ich werde mir aber die Links anschauen, die du mir geschickt hast. Nochmals vielen Dank!

[EDIT] github und ich sind keine Freunde, das ist eine Seite die ich zu 98% nicht verstehe und nachvollziehen kann. :frowning:

– EN – Thank you for the quick response!

I have to admit that being lazy is kind of my thing - why reinvent the wheel when there’s already a solution, right? :wink:

Unfortunately, I didn’t have any success with my controller (Mesa Electronics 7i95). But I will definitely check out the links you sent me. Thanks again!

[EDIT] github and I are not friends, this is a site I don’t understand and comprehend 98% of the time. :frowning:

There doesn’t appear to be a Fritzing part for it, it will be a fairly complex part to make but seems reasonably well documented so it should be possible to do (if not easy!) If you run in to trouble feel free to post, parts making as noted is in general hard. The screw terminals are available as Fritzing parts as are the headers so copying those in to your svg is probably the easiest place to start. I would use copy/paste in an svg editor (I use Inkscape which is the most Fritzing friendly) to maintain the connector names (it is generally a real pain to identify the connectors if you duplicate a part which removes the connector names!) It is going to be a fairly large part with a lot of connectors. I have tools that make that easier but they currently aren’t complete enough to release (although they work for me because I can modify the code to make them do what I need :slight_smile: ) If you need a part quickly I can make one for you as well.

That has been my experience too, with the help of some of the folks in here that do understand it I’m slowly getting better though. This link is very useful as it is Fritzing specific and if you follow it it usually works. The way I was doing it generally left my local repository out of sync with the upline repositories. This has so far cured that (although I will probably still find a way to screw it up :slight_smile: )

Peter

– DE –
Am Anfang habe ich es mit einem Schaltnetzteil versucht.
Das ist nicht gut, aber für meine Zwecke ausreichend.

Jetzt wird ein “ARLI Hauptschalter 16A 4-polig Fronteinbau 4P16A-E” erstellt.

– EN –
In the beginning I tried a switching power supply.
It’s not good, but it’s sufficient for my purposes.

Now an “ARLI main switch 16A 4-pole front installation 4P16A-E” is created.

Schaltnetzteil 72V 6.9A DC .fzpz (7.4 KB)

OK, there are a few problems here. Breadboard looks by and large fine

but schematic has a number of problems: it is too large (as small as practical is preferred to provide as much room as possible in schematic). it doesn’t align to the 0.1in grid and the terminals lack terminalIds and thus connect in the middle of the pin rather than the end as they should.

PCB looks fine, except I would suppress it entirely as not useful as the part won’t install in a pcb (how to do that is in my tutorial.)

capture2

Then I ran the part through FritzingCheckPart.py which produces the following warnings and errors (this is a development version so won’t exactly match the output from the one available on github!) The output is rather long and only the parts marked Error are important (as generally they will cause Fritzing to break.) The full output is at the bottom of this post. The modified messages are things that FritzingCheckPart corrected (so you know what was changed!) and can usually be ignored. This one should be changed to an Error as it usually (but not always!) as in this case an error.

Warning 14: File
‘part.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7.fzp.bak’
At line 67

terminalId missing in schematicView (likely an error)

It is why the wire connects in the center of the pin and is corrected like this (in the schematic svg)

I ungrouped the schematic svg and then created a new rectangle whose height and width are the same as the height of the pin connector0. Now I move that rectangle (square actually!) to the end of connector0 like this and call it connector0terminal

then check that the terminal is defined in the fzp file (which in this case it is) like this

<connector type="female" name="pin L" id="connector0">
      <description>pin L</description>
      <views>
        <breadboardView>
          <p terminalId="connector0terminal" layer="breadboard" svgId="connector0pin"/>
        </breadboardView>
        <schematicView>
          <p terminalId="connector0terminal" layer="schematic" svgId="connector0pin"/>
        </schematicView>
        <pcbView>
          <p layer="copper0" svgId="connector0pin"/>
          <p layer="copper1" svgId="connector0pin"/>
        </pcbView>
      </views>
    </connector>

note that terminalId=“connector0terminal” exists in the schematic terminal definition so the wire will now connect to the end of the pin rather than the middle. This message too should likely be an error not a warning:

Warning 19: File
‘svg.schematic.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_schematic.svg.bak’
At line 1

Height 333 is defined in px
in or mm is a better option (px can cause scaling problems!)

The problem here is that the svg is dimensioned in px rather than in or mm and thus it depends on what DPI value the svg editor is using. Fritzing will typically guess at 72DPI (which was the original and possibly current Illustrator setting.) Inkscape used to be 90DPI (another value Fritzing will use if it thinks the svg is Inkscapes) but current Inkscape uses 96DPI which will then scale wrong. The fix is to change the document in to mm or in (both of which don’t depend on the DPI value) like this and then rescale the drawing.

Changing the dimension to inches also changes the scale (which is desired to be 1 drawing unit = 1/1000in) so I need to change that as well. As well the svg definition doesn’t have a viewbox attribute set so we need to do a Edit–>select all then a Edit->resize page to selection to set a viewbox to end up with this:

where the svg starts at 0 0 in x and y (to be different will cause an offset in Fritzing!) dimensioned in inches with drawing units set to 1/1000 of an inch and the viewbox set to reflect that (by the Edit->resize page to selection.) At this point I still would need to rescale the drawing elements to get them to be the correct size, but in most cases using Randy’s Inkscape extension to create a new (meeting the graphics standards!) schematic will be easier. On to the no layerId messages

Error 69: File
‘svg.breadboard.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg.bak’
At line 16

Found a drawing element before a layerId (or no layerId)

This is indicating that this

has the same incorrect dimension and scale issues as schematic, but also lacks a layerId. In this case group g509 should be changed to “breadboard” to match the breadboard layerId in the fzp file. If the layerId is missing (as in this case) the part will not get exported as an image (jpg, svg, png etc.) which will cause problems. To fix breadboard I rescaled it as is (because I don’t know the real world size circled in orange here of the power supply) and set the layerId like this:

Then I removed the clip paths (which Fritzing doesn’t support) and replaced the connectors with rectangles arranged in order at the bottom of the svg like this. Note there are a bunch of elements listed as “connectorx” that are not really connectors. The script will rename those as well. The first connector is set to be “connector0pin+” so the script know where the first connector is. Then run the script

$ E2fRemoveUnusedConnectors.py ‘svg.breadboard.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg’

*** Process svg.breadboard.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg ***

line 42 connector ‘connector3pin’ deleted as unused.

line 46 connector ‘connector6pin’ deleted as unused.

line 50 connector ‘connector9pin’ deleted as unused.

line 54 connector ‘connector12pin’ deleted as unused.

line 58 connector ‘connector15pin’ deleted as unused.

line 62 connector ‘connector18pin’ deleted as unused.

line 66 connector ‘connector21pin’ deleted as unused.

line 70 connector ‘connector27pin’ deleted as unused.

line 74 connector ‘connector30pin’ deleted as unused.

line 78 connector ‘connector33pin’ deleted as unused.

line 82 connector ‘connector36pin’ deleted as unused.

line 86 connector ‘connector39pin’ deleted as unused.

line 90 connector ‘connector42pin’ deleted as unused.

line 94 connector ‘connector45pin’ deleted as unused.

line 98 connector ‘connector51pin’ deleted as unused.

line 102 connector ‘connector54pin’ deleted as unused.

line 106 connector ‘connector57pin’ deleted as unused.

line 110 connector ‘connector60pin’ deleted as unused.

line 114 connector ‘connector66pin’ deleted as unused.

line 118 connector ‘connector69pin’ deleted as unused.

line 122 connector ‘connector72pin’ deleted as unused.

line 126 connector ‘connector78pin’ deleted as unused.

line 130 connector ‘connector81pin’ deleted as unused.

line 134 connector ‘connector84pin’ deleted as unused.

line 138 connector ‘connector87pin’ deleted as unused.

line 142 connector ‘connector90pin’ deleted as unused.

line 146 connector ‘connector93pin’ deleted as unused.

line 150 connector ‘connector96pin’ deleted as unused.

line 154 connector ‘connector102pin’ deleted as unused.

line 158 connector ‘connector105pin’ deleted as unused.

line 162 connector ‘connector108pin’ deleted as unused.

line 166 connector ‘connector111pin’ deleted as unused.

line 170 connector ‘connector114pin’ deleted as unused.

line 174 connector ‘connector117pin’ deleted as unused.

line 178 connector ‘connector120pin’ deleted as unused.

line 182 connector ‘connector126pin’ deleted as unused.

line 186 connector ‘connector129pin’ deleted as unused.

line 190 connector ‘connector132pin’ deleted as unused.

line 194 connector ‘connector135pin’ deleted as unused.

line 198 connector ‘connector141pin’ deleted as unused.

line 202 connector ‘connector144pin’ deleted as unused.

line 206 connector ‘connector147pin’ deleted as unused.

line 210 connector ‘connector153pin’ deleted as unused.

line 214 connector ‘connector156pin’ deleted as unused.

line 218 connector ‘connector159pin’ deleted as unused.

line 222 connector ‘connector162pin’ deleted as unused.

line 226 connector ‘connector165pin’ deleted as unused.

line 230 connector ‘connector168pin’ deleted as unused.

line 234 connector ‘connector171pin’ deleted as unused.

line 238 connector ‘connector177pin’ deleted as unused.

line 242 connector ‘connector180pin’ deleted as unused.

line 246 connector ‘connector183pin’ deleted as unused.

line 250 connector ‘connector186pin’ deleted as unused.

line 254 connector ‘connector189pin’ deleted as unused.

line 258 connector ‘connector192pin’ deleted as unused.

line 262 connector ‘connector195pin’ deleted as unused.

line 266 connector ‘connector201pin’ deleted as unused.

line 270 connector ‘connector204pin’ deleted as unused.

line 274 connector ‘connector207pin’ deleted as unused.

line 278 connector ‘connector210pin’ deleted as unused.

line 282 connector ‘connector214pin’ deleted as unused.

line 287 connector ‘connector215pin’ deleted as unused.

line 291 connector ‘connector216pin’ deleted as unused.

line 295 connector ‘connector220pin’ deleted as unused.

line 300 connector ‘connector221pin’ deleted as unused.

line 305 connector ‘connector222pin’ deleted as unused.

line 310 connector ‘connector223pin’ deleted as unused.

line 315 connector ‘connector224pin’ deleted as unused.

line 320 connector ‘connector225pin’ deleted as unused.

line 325 connector ‘connector226pin’ deleted as unused.

line 330 connector ‘connector227pin’ deleted as unused.

line 335 connector ‘connector228pin’ deleted as unused.

line 340 connector ‘connector229pin’ deleted as unused.

line 345 connector ‘connector230pin’ deleted as unused.

line 350 connector ‘connector231pin’ deleted as unused.

line 355 connector ‘connector232pin’ deleted as unused.

line 360 connector ‘connector233pin’ deleted as unused.

line 365 connector ‘connector234pin’ deleted as unused.

line 370 connector ‘connector235pin’ deleted as unused.

line 376 connector ‘connector0pin+’ changed to ‘connector0pin’.

line 382 connector ‘rect310’ changed to ‘connector1pin’.

line 388 connector ‘rect312’ changed to ‘connector2pin’.

line 394 connector ‘rect314’ changed to ‘connector3pin’.

line 400 connector ‘rect316’ changed to ‘connector4pin’.

line 406 connector ‘rect346’ changed to ‘connector5pin’.

line 412 connector ‘rect348’ changed to ‘connector6pin’.

line 418 connector ‘rect350’ changed to ‘connector7pin’.

line 424 connector ‘rect352’ changed to ‘connector8pin’.

which produces this svg:

with only the active pins listed in order at the bottom of the svg. The elements that used to have the name connectorxx have changed to element type (i.e. text) from connector. So now breadboard is ready to be saved as plain svg. On to schematic. As noted Randy’s Inkscape extension is the easiest way to make a schematic. Start by deleting the old schematic.

which leaves this

so start the extension and set the parameters

We need 3 connectors on the left and 6 on the right (which needs 0.7in in height) so set the size to 0.8 x 0.8in. Set the title. Then move on to the connections

set 3 left and 6 right then apply.

Then set the pin names for the connectors and hit finished to go to the right side and do the same there.

which produces this svg

which needs a little editing. Which results in the schematic svg which looks like this

we now have both the breadboard and schematic svgs and now move on to the fzp file. First set the current Fritzing version, and then change the version number from 4 to 1 (because this is the first version of this part!), add the fact I made changes to the part.

<module moduleId="Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7" fritzingVersion="0.9.10" referenceFile="Antenna.fzp">
  <version>1</version>
  <author>Muecke82 (modified by vanepp Apr 2023)</author>

change the label from "Schaltnetzteil 72V/6.9A DC " to A (for assembly)

<label>Schaltnetzteil 72V/6.9A DC </label>

to

<label>A</label>

add some tags

<tags>
    <tag>Power supply</tag>
    <tag>fritzing user</tag>
  </tags>

then reuse the breadboard svg as the icon svg from

<iconView>
      <layers image="icon/Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_icon.svg">
        <layer layerId="icon"/>
      </layers>
    </iconView>

to

<iconView>
      <layers image="breadboard/Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg">
        <layer layerId="icon"/>
      </layers>
    </iconView>

then suppress pcb view by reusing the breadboard svg as pcb. from:

<pcbView>
      <layers image="pcb/Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_pcb.svg">
        <layer layerId="copper0"/>
        <layer layerId="silkscreen"/>
        <layer layerId="copper1"/>
      </layers>
    </pcbView>

to:

<pcbView>
      <layers image="breadboard/Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg">
        <layer layerId="breadboard"/>
      </layers>
    </pcbView>

then delete the entire connectors section and replace it with a script generated replacement and set the pin descriptions to match the pin names in schematic.

<connectors>
      <connector id="connector0" type="male" name="Pin 1">
        <description>L</description>
        <views>
          <breadboardView>
            <p svgId="connector0pin" layer="breadboard"/>
          </breadboardView>
          <schematicView>
            <p svgId="connector0pin" layer="schematic" terminalId="connector0terminal"/>
          </schematicView>
          <pcbView>
            <p svgId="connector0pin" layer="copper0"/>
            <p svgId="connector0pin" layer="copper1"/>
          </pcbView>
        </views>
      </connector>
      <connector id="connector1" type="male" name="Pin 2">
        <description>N</description>
        <views>
      <connector id="connector8" type="male" name="Pin 9">
        <description>V+</description>
        <views>
          <breadboardView>
            <p svgId="connector8pin" layer="breadboard"/>
          </breadboardView>
          <schematicView>
            <p svgId="connector8pin" layer="schematic" terminalId="connector8terminal"/>
          </schematicView>
          <pcbView>
            <p svgId="connector8pin" layer="copper0"/>
            <p svgId="connector8pin" layer="copper1"/>
          </pcbView>
        </views>
      </connector>
  </connectors>
</module>

Then add the bus definition to tie the 3 output pins to each other like this:

<buses>
 <bus id="V-">
  <nodeMember connectorId="connector3"/>
  <nodeMember connectorId="connector4"/>
  <nodeMember connectorId="connector5"/>
 </bus>
 <bus id="V+">
  <nodeMember connectorId="connector6"/>
  <nodeMember connectorId="connector7"/>
  <nodeMember connectorId="connector8"/>
 </bus>
</buses>

and the fzp file and the part are complete. So run the result through FritzingCheckPart.py to check for errors then test it. The end result looks like this in Fritzing. Breadboard is pretty much identical.

schematic is much smaller and the wires terminate properly

and pcb has only the pins that connect to the terminals the power supply doesn’t appear.

That is all contained in this part (it has the same moduleId as the current one so you will need to remove the current one before loading this one!)

Schaltnetzteil 72V 6.9A DC.fzpz (5.0 KB)

And finally here is the rather long output from FritzingCheckPart.py from the original part:

$ FritzingCheckPartw.py ‘part.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7.fzp’

**** Starting to process file Startup, no file yet

**** Starting to process file part.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7.fzp

**** Starting to process file svg.pcb.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_pcb.svg.bak

**** Starting to process file svg.schematic.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_schematic.svg.bak

**** Starting to process file svg.breadboard.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg.bak

File

This is a through hole part as both copper0 and copper1 views are present.
If you wanted a smd part remove the copper0 definition from line 28

Modified 4: File
‘svg.pcb.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_pcb.svg.bak’
At line 4

ReferenceFile

‘jumper_1_100mil_pcb.svg’

doesn’t match input file

‘Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_pcb.svg’

Corrected

Modified 3: File
‘svg.pcb.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_pcb.svg.bak’
At line 8

Silkscreen, converted stoke from white to black

At line 9

At line 10

At line 11

At line 12

‘svg.schematic.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_schematic.svg.bak’
At line 3

ReferenceFile

‘Schaltnetzteil-Schaltplan.svg’

doesn’t match input file

‘Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_schematic.svg’

Corrected

‘svg.breadboard.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg.bak’
At line 3

ReferenceFile

‘Schaltnetzteil-Steckplatine.svg’

doesn’t match input file

‘Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg’

Corrected

Warning 6: File
At line 2

ReferenceFile name

‘Antenna.fzp’

Doesn’t match fzp filename

‘Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7.fzp’

Warning 11: File
At line 45

Type female is not male (it usually should be)

At line 67

At line 82

At line 97

At line 112

At line 127

At line 142

At line 157

At line 172

Warning 35: File

Connector1 doesn’t exist when it must to stay in sequence

At line 1

Height 333 is defined in px

At line 1

Width 197 is defined in px

At line 1

Height 421 is defined in px

At line 1

Width 870 is defined in px

Error 18: File

Connector connector73pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

svg svg.pcb.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_pcb.svg.bak

Connector connector74pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

svg svg.pcb.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_pcb.svg.bak

Connector connector75pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

Connector connector76pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

Connector connector77pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

Connector connector78pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

Connector connector79pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

Connector connector80pin is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

Error 88: File
At line 1

viewBox attribute missing

At line 18

Connector connector0terminal is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

svg svg.schematic.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_schematic.svg.bak

Error 88: File
At line 1

viewBox attribute missing

At line 16

Connector connector0terminal is in the fzp file but not the svg file. (typo?)

svg svg.breadboard.Schaltnetzteil 72V 6_9A_1e345722911e51301632a08c5ba894a7_7_breadboard.svg.bak

Hope this helps!

Peter

Jetzt verstehe ich was du meintest das es aufwendig und komplex ist.

Now I understand what you meant about it being elaborate and complex.