6 AA battery holder

How do I get or make a 6 AA battery holder? can I merge 6 individual batteries or is there a specific part already made?

There doesn’t appear to be a 6 cell version. There is a 4 cell version available in the Adafruit fritzing parts repository and a two cell version in core parts. If you only need breadboard and schematic (not pcb) you can use either 3 of the 2 cell versions in series or 1 of the adafruit 4 cell versions in series with a 2 cell version. If you want to make a pcb, then either you or more likely one of us will need to make a custom part. For a custom part we would need the data sheet with a mechanical drawing for the cell holder you want to use.

Peter

I took the 2x AA battery image and made a 6x AA to practice making parts.
I haven’t figured out is how to set the connectors in fritzing.

6batteries

Assuming you don’t want to break out the individual cells (i.e. you only want a 9V output) just reuse the connectors from one of the 2xAA parts. The following tutorials may also help

Edit:

Since as I recall the battery holders are all bendable legs, in breadboard you want to make a pair of square pads with no fill and no stroke put them on the end of the connectors and call them connector0pin and connector1pin. Then in the fzp file (unzip the fzpz file and you will get a .fzp file and 3 or 4 svg files) you need to delete the legId in the connector xml like this:

<connector type="male" id="connector0" name="Pin 0">
        <description>Pin0</description>
        <views>
            <breadboardView>
                <p svgId="connector0pin" layer="breadboard"  legId="connector0leg"/>
            </breadboardView>

needs to change to this:

<connector type="male" id="connector0" name="Pin 0">
        <description>Pin0</description>
        <views>
            <breadboardView>
                <p svgId="connector0pin" layer="breadboard"/>
            </breadboardView>

the parts editor should be able to deal with creating the connectors from there (it can’t deal with bendable legs though!)

Peter

awesome thanks peter!