Humidity and Temperature Sensor DHT11


#1

Hi,

I made DHT11 part. It is based on existing RHT part. I have installed Fritzig today because I’m starting with Arduino, so quality of this work can be lower :smiley: All suggestions to improve my work are welcomed!

Thank You.

Humidity and Temperature Sensor DHT11.fzpz (7.6 KB)

J.


#2

Probably the text size in the SCH view.


#3

Yes, Thank You. This is some problem with the font. I have selected Droid Sans in Inkscape, but part editor complains about it and shows it small. I need to figure out what i’m doing wrong.


#4

I couldn’t see the usual “px” error, so we will have to wait for Van-the-man :slightly_smiling_face: to see what’s going on.


#5

While I’m not sure yet if that is the cause, font size depends on scale and the part you cloned from is scaled incorrectly. I’ll post a corrected part in a bit.

Peter


#6

OK, your font problem seems mostly to be the fonts were just too small in the svg files (there were translates as well, but that isn’t normally a problem).

Breadboard:

The layerID breadboard was missing. The only thing I know of that this breaks is exporting the part as an svg or image (the part won’t show up). I rescaled the svg (all of them actually) to be the standard scale. Many existing parts even in core are incorrectly scaled, I’m trying to fix that. The pins should start at 0 (not 8 as they do here) again a common problem. I added “pin” to the end of the connectors and renumbered them starting at connector0pin (again in all svgs and the fzp file).

Pcb:

rescaled and adjusted the pad sizes to create a 0.038in hole suitable for .1 square pins.

schematic:

Most of the changes are here. Rescaled, renamed the pins, added connectorxpin everywhere. Adjusted the font sizes (after deleting the translates) to the standard sizes. Reduced the size of schematic to just large enough to contain the text for the pins to save space in schematics. Added pin numbers to the pins to tell them apart. Ran the part through my part check python script which will remove the px from all the font-sizes. If px is left in sometimes Fritzing reduces the font size to 0 which can be the cause of the small characters. Did look to be in this case as Old_Grey noted. Below is a new part with all these changes (so you can load both your current part and mine to compare them:

Humidity and Temperature Sensor DHT11improved.fzpz (7.8 KB)

Peter


#7

Hi Peter,

thank You for all the corrections! Looks great!

May I ask You … what do you mean by “rescaling the svg to standard scale”?

I have designed my part in mm with its real dimensions. Is that OK or should I use inches?

I have plan to make another part - 7 segment 4 digits display with 12 pins (CL5642BH-33) - so I want to follow all the standards.


#8

Rescaling involves the board dimensions (I typically use inches because the ratio wants to be in inches) to the size of the viewbox in the svg file. It isn’t visible ourside of the svg, but it is important to Fritzing if we want to use automated tools to check parts (which I do). The ratio comes from the part file format at

at the bottom of the About Svgs section (itself near the bottom of the document)

“Now about measurements and SVGs. One of the pleasures of SVG is that the format can support extremely accurate placement and sizing. At the top level of the SVG, there are three attributes, width, height, and viewBox. …”

What I do in Inkscape to correct the scale when it is incorrect is here (it is a pain in the ass I will admit!):

In pcb after doing this you need to verify that the pads have not changed to ellipse during the rescale (as an ellipse won’t generate a hole in the gerber). I generally run the result through FrtizingCheckPart.py (available here):

which checks for this and various other errors.

Peter