SCD30 CO2 + temperature + humidity sensor

Ok I saw it now it the datasheet as well. According to that your orientation is right. And what is if the person that has written the datasheet made a mistake? There are so many clues to put it as we put it. In the data sheet it also says that max 3V for i2c and thats because we designed a levelshifter for that and then we got the info from Sensirion that they had not been any problems been reported with 3.3V and that is should be fine as well.

and

apply to the current version of Fritzing.

Peter

I beleive that the tutorials Peter references mostly assume that the configuration of the part definition is done through the Parts Editor. From what I saw, some of the fzp content for this was done manually. If so, you want to use 2.1 part file format as a reference.

Extra note about the fzp content. The board seems to be 7 pins, but the fzp says 8.

that was a fun event :slight_smile:

This is indeed what I had used as a starting point. I agree, though, that this might not be the best way to actually mount the SCD30 into your CO2-monitor. I am, for example, currently mounting all SCD30 at an angle of 90 degree to the board (i.e. with the side pointing upwards), which is something I cannot model in fritzing (at least in my understanding).

Indeed, this seems to be the best approach. But it involves also the most work - I am quite busy at the moment but will see if I can make a second object (similar to the first I made, just flipped (not mirrored, just to be precise)) within this month.

Parts can not be flipped in breadboard and pcb views by default, but “in theory”, per views and layers, you should be able to explicitly mark the view as flipable. However, in my few tests I could not get that to actually work for pcb view. :frowning:

Mine don’t, as I don’t use parts editor, they are all about editing the underlying files and may (or may not :slight_smile: ) be easier than the part file format document (which my tutorials are based on.)

Peter

@vanepp :+1:
That will make it easier to match to what looks to have already been done.