How to set Transistor or component Characteristics

Hi,
I have recently purchased and started using Fritzing, so I am still in the learning phase with this particular program. So there are a few items I am unsure about and would like cleared up as I may be looking in the wrong places.

Where can i download specific parts for instance, something simple such as a BC547 Transistor or relay types? Or do these types of list exist?

From the parts list i can select NPN or PNP and various pinouts but it does not specify a type.
I have tried a parts search and tried to search through the /bins folders and read though some of the help files but did not find anything.

Alternatively, if there is no specific list of transistors etc, how do i specify individual characteristics such as HFE/Gain etc? I cannot find that in the Metadata settings of the new parts editor. The program seems to have too many features to not have this so i pretty sure i am missing something.

As with other programs i have used i have had to make my own components on occasions but i would like to know where to specify the relevant info.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Jeff

The transistors are generic. If you drag one in to a sketch you can then adjust in Inspector like this

the pull down menus will set various parameters and the part number will change the part label to BC547 (for instance.) There is a search function in core parts which will find items in core parts (here I searched for transistor)

if what you want isn’t on core parts a google search of the form “fritzing part part_number” of a search in the forum search bar (which lately has been finding things google is not) will also work. Parts from the net are of variable quality and sometimes don’t work so you need to be careful. Making custom parts is quite complex, but these two tutorials cover current versions of Fritzing (many of the others are for older versions)

I lately learned there aren’t links to the videos in Old_Grey’s tutorial so you need to do a google search for the title and then they come up on YouTube.

Peter

Thank you for the reply and the information sources. I will keep having a play around, which will help with some questions and raise some others.

Cheers
Jeff