Making or finding various CMOS chips?

A bunch of them seem to be missing. I’m a complete noob taking a class meant for novices, and I was having trouble laying them out on the breadboard and figured Fritzing might help. I’m having a hard time finding or building my own. There’s a couple that are there already, but I’m doing a complicated circuit now and I need a bunch more. Before anyone asks, no I can’t use alternative chips because I’m taking a class, and have to follow a schematic. I don’t want to be passed over for troubleshooting or get even more confused because I’ve started doing my own thing. Some chips seem to be ‘passive’ others have some schematic shenanigans? I don’t know how far circuit simulation goes in Fritzing, so I figured instead of trying to reuse another chip by renaming/editing it, I should try and make it work as it should or find parts that work already.

I’ll mark the ones I have already found or were included with Fritzing with an * :

74HC4060* (rather just a 4060)
AD725* (so weird that this is on here but not the rest ?!)
CD4043
CD4073
CD40106
74HC4017
74HC4053
74HC4518
74HC4538
74HC20
74HC27
74HC86

A google search for “fritzing part 4053” turns up

and

and

The rest you would probably need to make from the generic IC (change the number of pins to the appropriate value and edit the pin labels in schematic.

Peter

I have made a 4538 for my project along with many others (not on your list). It’s actually a HEF4538, but it’s the same pinout.

I am intending to share them all, but I’ve haven’t submitted many yet, because I find as I use them I keep finding errors or making modifications.

I can submit it now if you are still missing this part?

I’m still missing most of them, and basically have just switched over to arranging the chips on excel and eyeballing the arrangement hahah instead of learning all of this from scratch. I was really looking forward to using fritzing because I assumed at least you could simulate a bunch of cmos logic and switching/multiplexers because the community would be teaching beginners to work with basic components on virtual breadboards like tinkercad, but offline. I’ll just have to put the time in to learn how to use this I guess, but that could be a couple of months from now.

So yes, post them I guess if you can.

I’m new to Fritzing too. I use it as a electronic drawing package for laying out schematics. My latest project is to make a circuit drawing from an old PCB full of logic chips. This involves making lots of new ICs in Fritzing.

Making parts for Fritzing is not too difficult if you start with a good template. I use Notepad++ and Inkscape to edit and build. vanepp has some good tutorials to help.

I’ll submit the 4538, I just need to check it first…

there’s like tricky things about these chips man like I’m too much of a noob to catch like I was using a ceramic cap so I didn’t think it would matter, but pin 1 and 2 of the 4538 ARE polarized so it gave me a completely different result.

Pin 1 is ground and pin2 wants to be one end of the capacitor and the pull up reisistor so they aren’t exactly polarized. Assuming you used a ceramic capacitor (as opposed to an electrolytic) and connected the resistor to pin 2 there shouldn’t be a problem. The best bet would be to upload the sketch (the .fzz file, upload is 7th icon from the left in the reply menu) so we can see the circuit and describe what you find wrong with it. A common problem is not realizing connections made in other views reflect in to all the other views and all components have pin numbers, so you need to make the connection to the correct pin in another view. For that reason you are best to complete your circuit in one view (such as breadboard or schematic) then route the other two views by clicking on the rats nest lines (which reflect the connections in the other views) to complete the sketch.

Peter