Looking for part ESP32-S2 DevKit

Specifically: ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1
https://www.espressif.com/en/products/devkits

This should do what you want. Note there isn’t much information that I can find on this board (it looks to be brand new) so this was made by adapting and earlier version to match the jpg image on the web page. The pin spacing should be fine as it is standard but the board outlines may be a little bit off.

Edit: It is possible (probable?) that this board is .1in too wide. That was true of the S2 board below, but the C3 board is no longer available to see if it is the same. If someone has a board please check the width of this part and post if it is incorrect!

ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1.fzpz (17.3 KB)

download the .fzpz file and load it in to Fritzing via File->load->ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1.fzpz and the part will appear in your mine parts bin ready to be dragged in to the sketch.

Peter

That is so helpful and seems to work well, thank you so much! These boards are brand new.

I also have the ESP32-S2-DevKitM-1. Would it be hard to add that one, too?

Not particularly.

edit: Turns out the original part is .1in too wide, so reduced the width by .1in to match the real board.

ESP32-S2-DevKitM-1.fzpz (19.6 KB)

Peter

Again, thank you so much! That let’s my project move forward.

Well, actually, that didn’t work. Almost, but the rows of pins should be .9" apart instead of 1" (it looks to me). When mounted on a standard breadboard there is one row of connections available on either side.

My board is labeled ESP32-S2-DevKitM-1, but it doesn’t match the part you uploaded.

It looks to me like they have used the image of a ESP32-S2-Saola-1 instead of the ESP32-S2-DevKitM-1, because the board dimensions in the part match that (almost): 53 * 27.5mm. However the ESP32-S2-DevKitM-1 shows as being 54 * 25.5mm which indeed would be .1in narrower. These numbers are from here:

which is the only place I have found so far with any sizes :slight_smile: and I just found that now. The image I used to make the parts are from the page you posted above (which as you see has no dimensions), so I scaled the image until the headers were on .1in centers and used the resulting dimensions for the part. Is the only problem that the board is too wide (that is relatively easy to fix), or does it look entirely different? If it is entirely different I’d need an image of the actual board you have. Is the C3 part correct? It is the same width as the current S2 part and from the pdf it looks like it should be 25.4mm wide too.

Peter

The picture with parts placement appears correct, even to the labeling of the wifi chip as a “mini” (which is a smaller wifi chip that is how, I believe, they achieved the size reduction).

Unfortunately I no longer have the C3 at hand.

So, yes, the picture appears correct and the pins appear correct so simply scaling the width down will probably make it work correctly.

OK, I have fixed up the S2 part and replaced it above, so if you download it again it should now be correct. I did wonder why they didn’t make it breadboard friendly when I saw the original part, but didn’t think that I might have the width wrong (which I probably should have!)

Peter

Understandable, since the previous generation of ESP32 devkits are that wide and not breadboard friendly.

Thanks for your help!