I cant drag my items there is just a red box arond them

it shoud have just let me drag the items

my version of fritzing is 0.9.3b
my oprating system is windows 11 64bit

Where did you get the part that you are trying to drag?

That red box normally means that the part is not properly defined.

Not being able to drag parts can also occur if you have grid lock turned on for the view, and have a very large grid size. Fritzing will only drag to the next grid point, and if nearest is off screen, the part will not move.

There are much newer versions of the Fritzing app available than you are using.

Your best bet is to upload the sketch (the .fzz file) that isn’t working (upload is 7th icon from the left in the reply menu.) That way we can see the problem and probably tell you what is wrong, As @microMerlin said 0.9.3b is now 7 years old and the current version 0.9.10 has many bug fixes.

Peter

I’m having the same issue but on the latest version for an unknown reason the L298N is the only component that I cannot drag in the Schematic View because it is surrounded in red.
Any idea ?

The only L298N I find in core parts works fine

I would suggest (as I did with the first time this was brought up) that you upload the failing sketch (the .fzz file, upload is 7th icon from the left in the reply menu.) With that (which will likely include what ever part you are having problems with as it doesn’t appear to be in core parts) I can figure out what is wrong. Without a part to work from I can’t.

edit

It seems likely you are using this part

which is indeed broken

There is a corrected version which should work correctly later in that same thread here:

that should work correctly. A google search of the form “fritzing part L298N” finds a variety of other posts for various versions.

Peter