Elegoo 2.8" Touch TFT

Im trying to get a breadboard view for the Elegoo 2.8" Touch TFT. I’ve created a SVG-file via Inkscape but it always centers a huge bulk behind the part where i drew the connectors (which basically it refers as a huge copper part/ connector). Also the image always gets deleted after trying to add it into a sketch

anyone knows how i can fix this?

Thanks

upload the part (the .fzz file) and the svg and I’ll have a look. You likely have to rename the svg file to .fzp to upload it (the forum often won’t load svg files).

Peter

8inches%20tft%202

alternative :

https://www.mediafire.com/view/z4j0dk0juyq3p2j/Elegoo_2.8inches_tft_2.svg/file

The part got deleted somehow >_<" I’ll try recreating it meanwhile

While your svg should load fine, it has no connectors nor layerId so it won’t do much other than give you some pads. When you recreate the part you may want to export it by right clicking on the part in the parts bin and clicking export part (which will write it to the file system as a .fzpz file). That way you can reload the part if it gets deleted.

Peter

TFT 2.8 inch 320x240 Touch w microSD.fzpz (543.4 KB)
Here’s the part i now manged to remove that qudadratic plate but now i still have the problem that the image keeps gettin removed :confused: so i’m just left with the bare pins
how do i manage to get it in?

Is there any tutorial :v ?
I felt like i have watched all but nothing seems to work out

There are a number of problems. Parts editor hasn’t been finished (and at present development has died). Most of the tutorials are for pre parts editor versions of Fritzting, these two apply to the current version (although mine is getting old now), Old_Grey’s series of videos are probably your best bet (actually asking for help here is your best bet :slight_smile: ).

I’ll have a look at the part, the first thing that I see is your svg appears backwards (i.e. bottom looking up rather than top looking down) but I’ll look over the part and see.

Peter

OK here is a part for the display and a basic explaination of what I did to create it. First the part (if you unzip the fzpz file you will have the fzp file and svg files that make up the part) .The breadboard svg is what a svg to load in to parts editor to edit needs to look like.

elegoo-2.8in-tft-display.fzpz (12.7 KB)

I expect some parts of this explaination are going to be greek, but feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Started with the pcb svg by grabbing the pcb svg for a Uno and stripping out the silkscreen leaving only the connectors. resize the drawing and rescale it to standard. Used vi (text editor) to change the pads to standard .1 header size. Edited it in Inkscape and removed the unwanted connectors (two from the left end on both sides of the board) and added the missing dual row connector on the right of the board (the position is just a guess and needs to be checked against a real board, their mechanical drawing doesn’t have position info for that connector). Renumbered all the pins to start at 0 and increase linearly as they should. Put in a board outline on silkscreen. Resize again, group silkscreen and both coppers save and done.

Breadboard

ungroup and resize

removed all the current connectors and the path (which defines their board outline) leaving only the TFT display.
Resize and rescale to the proper scale. Copied in the connectors from pcb view via copy/ paste in Inkscape. Resized the tft display to fit inside the connectors (In real life it doesn’t but the connectors won’t work in breadboard that way). Added a rectangle as the underlying board. Resize regroup save and done.

fzp file

Changed the designations on the pins to match this board and removed the buses except for a 2 pin ground bus. It doesn’t look like there are any bused pins on this board other than the two grounds (although I could be wrong).

Schematic

Was a mess, so completely redid it (this took most of the time as schematic is fiddly).
Ungroup, resize rescale. Changed the pin designations to match the board and arrange them to match breadboard. Run the part through the part checking script to catch any typos or errors, zip it to an fzpz and test it in Fritzing (including generating and checking the gerber output). Looks fine, so post it.

Peter