8-segment led bargraph

I found somewhere a file with a combined 10/8 led bargraph.

But when select 8-segment 4 connection grayed out and stil 10-segment.

Anyone a 8-segment version?

Try this one (cut down from the Sparkfun 10 pin version). There is something odd about connector 11, it colors the entire part in schematic, but it otherwise seems to work ok.

LED_BARGRAPH_8.fzpz (9.7 KB)

Peter

Thx, works for me i think.

Hovering on pins give segment_10 in label but what the hack.

Thanks Peter

Here is a better one. I corrected (although I still don’t know what is wrong with the first one) schematic so it works properly, the labels are improved (and the segment_10 changed to segment_8. On pcb I changed the pads to be standard round ones and set the hole size to .035 from .032 which is the correct size for IC leads and sockets which is typical of these devices.

LED_BARGRAPH_8_fixed.fzpz (9.6 KB)

Peter

1 Like

Ok thanx,

the question is how to remove the old part in Fritzing …

ok dat is handig.
Ik verwijder handmatig het onderdeel, nu ben ik dus de 1e versie kwijt EN ik kan de nieuwe niet laden.
Regenerate database helpt niet.

ik heb bij zoeken bargraph nu 2 witte vakjes en 1 die werk (10-segment)

Het wordt nu nog gekker.
Mijn hele Fritzing is vernaggeld in Windows

In de registry fritzing onder user verwijderd, op de c onder appdata helemaal verwijder, daarna fritzing weer opnieuw op c gezet.

Resultaat… nada.

Ik kan dus deze bargraph_8 niet installeren.

Zit de zeuren dat 1 of andere huppelepuip bestand met de naam prefix0000 etc. etc. al geinstalleerd is.

You have hit one of Fritzing’s bugs.

kill corrupt files:

There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketchs during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing

(which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing

(where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will receate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you wan to keep something in them. You can move them back in later and Fritzing will happily use them again (if for instance you need to export custom parts or sketches).

Edir: for a less drastic solution you can also try deleting all files of the
form

prefix0000_2c611bad2a2eb59a600c3378ae716324_2

from

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing\parts\user ( the fpz file)

and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing\parts\svg\user\breadboard
(an svg file) then icon. pcb and schematic replacing the breadboard above. Those are the files it has failed to delete and is now complaining about.

Peter

1 Like

ha thanx mate,

i just forgot the c:\documents.

Thought i had it all.

Went crazy for a moment :slight_smile: