ZIF Connector Part - 28pin

28pin ZIF Connector Part

The attached ZIF has been a reliable part for several projects. Normally, I use a 28pin-header-part in Fritzing but recently made this part…

You can find similar ZIF’s on Amazon (a link to one).

Photo shows one mounted on Arduino UNO (used as a Programmer for AVR Atmel 328 chips - the same Chip as on the UNO. This makes it very easy to program a bare 328-chip for projects. There is a 28Pin-Header underneath it to raise the Height for clearance).

Also shown is Pololu programmer/BreadBoard for programming Atmel Tiny, 84 and 85 chips.

The Part: ZIFF__Blue_28pin_R1.fzpz (50.3 KB)

A google search for “fritzing part 40 pin zif connector” turns up a reference to one on github …

Peter

Google offers this post as the first option for that search. However, there some more further down. Including one that points to sparkfun parts. If you are using a current version of Fritzing, and an up to date core library, the part is already available. In the “Parts” windows, search for “zif”. For me, that finds 4 parts, 2 of which are the sparkfun 28 pin by 300 mils and 40 pin by 600 mils ic sockets. The breadboard graphic for those is not as “pretty” as the 28 pin Aries zif socket, but they should work.

If that is not what you are looking for, we need more details about the part. If those parts are not available in your library, we need more details about your Fritzing environment, to help get that updated.

Even my old 0.8.3 has the 40 x 600 thou.

That Aries has the THT pad layers in the wrong order, it shows a yellow ring with a red dot rather than the usual gradient of red.

This is engineering so you have to be more specific than just a number. Basically so many people have been burnt wasting time making parts for people based just on a number, and finding out it wasn’t what the poster intended, that now pretty much no one will look at a part without a link to the exact datasheet. If you want to provide an exact link maybe someone will look at it.

A couple of searches found

https://www.sunrom.com/p/40-pin-zif-socket

which includes a pcb guidance just after the above dimension information. That will simplify part creation.