Working with veroboard/stipboard

Hi guys, I am new to Fritzing, but have been making my own PCB etc since at least the 1970s. I recently decided to make a project that was basically a small 12V gel battery charger and LED state of charge indicator. I decided that rather than make a PCB I would use veroboard, as for logistical reasons at the moment etching a board is not really an option. I used Fritzig to design the board but there are a couple of things that I would like to suggest that would have made it a lot easier, or alternatively if someone could tell me how I’ve missed the obvious way the software can do what I’m suggesting that would be appreciated!

It seems to me that the program only allows a component side view, a way to flip the design between the top view and the bottom view would be great. This is especially annoying with ICs as the pin position is very different from each side.

Secondly I had a play with trying to create my own component by editing an existing one, but when I saved the part it complained about unassigned connectors in one view (it did not specify which view) and try as I might in each view I could not resolve the problem. I assume I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, you can’t see the other side of stuff except in PCB view. Some people make a stripboard in PCB view, but it is a bit of work.

This vid might answer the part creation thing.