Why the parts are so big and sloppy designed?

I used this software to make few prototypes that failed and i wasted money realizing the fault was this software… the parts are too big and i cant scale them, so it’s impossible to have a wireframe sview of the breadboard and it does allow for way too many errors…
guys you need to make the parts way smaller or resizable at least

Hi,

Any parts in particular? Can you tell a bit more about what actually went wrong and how?
I have made a few proto’s with much older versions of fritzing and always managed to get it right.

I work on a GNU/Linux machine and I use an application named gerbv (Gerberview) to check the gerber file on faults.

All the parts are vector graphics so they are always as big as how far you zoom in. (the slider on the bottom right)
If possible can you show anything you made that contains the error?

I’m just a user myself so i don’t know any of the dev stuff but I hope this helps to find a solution.

all the parts are way to big… what’s the point to have resistors so huge that you can’t even see underneath??? why can’t you have resistor that take only 2 holes instead of 5??? it’s insane…
this software seems mor elike a toy than a professional and i’m wasting my time with it

1 Like

Try this one… Resistor-Vertical.fzpz (4.9 KB)

yes this is helpful, although if you place it on the board it does automatically apply the foot on the hole below… i think this software on the breadboard tab is very rudimental…

Personally I’d rather have software that does breadboards (and this is the only package I know that does) rather than not have it at all. This is an open source project, if it doesn’t do what you want feel free to join in and make it better. Although in this case I expect having to connect a wire to the part to make a connection is probably the correct answer anyway. If you delete the breadboard and switch to perfboard (which is an option) you are going to have to connect and drag wires anyway having that interface consistent is the correct decision in my view (you may disagree though :slight_smile: ).
(edit) What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to create PCBs or prototypes on breadboard or perfboard? Your original post is unclear about what failed and how. It implies the failure was on a breadboard but I don’t see how that could be Fritzing’s fault. Can you explain further your exact problem and perhaps post the Fritzing file from a failed project?

Peter Van Epp

1 Like

He’s just frustrated because he doesn’t know the tricks.

You can’t just jump to using programs even if you have experience with another – it is not a Win standardised world on the outside -, you need to learn it.

Breadboard view is a graphical representation, and to make it more recognisable and satisfying the most cases - it can’t do all -, it is projected at a 45º angle from the front, and that limits some stuff.

It is the only Breadboard SW, so this is the best you can get.

EDIT
I think he’s complaining that you can’t make FZ exactly the same as the real world. It’s not a problem for low part counts, but with large ones it hard to make it pin perfect.

1 Like

you’re big and sloppy designed

OP is right. The components cover each other so you can’t see what’s where. It only works if it’s a) 2D or b) the parts are translucent so you can see through them or c) you can move/rotate the breadboard to see it from different angles.

Old_Grey talks about learning tricks. Those tricks are more properly called workarounds and imply that the software is flawed in some way. These are problems for low part counts.

That said, I’d suggested planning a circuit first as a straight forward circuit diagram before planning it on breadboard but that’s just me and I don’t do this often.