What is the process for uninstalling Fritzing?

How is Fritzing uninstalled? There is no entry in W10 control panel > programs and features. I used Revo Uninstall Pro and apparently something is still remaining. Problem: Tried to create new parts but something got corrupted. The “parts manager” was complaining about not being able to find files associated with them. All I wanted to do is install a clean copy of the 0.9.3b and start over; but, Fritzing continues looking for lost files after the re-install. How do I wipe out the DB entry for these bad parts and keep going and why isn’t the reinstall clean? Have reinstalled 4 times with the same results.

There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketchs during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing (which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing (where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will receate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you wan to keep something in them.

Peter

1 Like

Peter,
Thank You. Worked perfectly.
cc

Peter, where would these be on the other OSes? (Mac & Linux)

Fritzing uses (mostly) the
$DocumentsLocation/Fritzing and $ConfigLocation,
recent versions of Qt (affects Fritzing 0.9.4) use $AppConfigLocation

The variables are resolved for various OS as following (note that older windows versions
might behave different)
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstandardpaths.html