Version 1.0.1 not installing

I just purchased the latest version and after downloading, it will not install.

Some indication of what it said when you tried to install would be required to do anything useful about this.

edit:

Opening an issue on github here

is likely your best bet. As noted it would need what error you are seeing for anyone to do anything useful. Disabling antivirus programs has also cured install problems in the past.

Peter

When I get to install type (Only me / Everyone) I get a “Not responding”. If I’m lucky enough to get past this screen it starts to install… but then I get a “Called RunScript when not marked in progress” followed by “Called install finalize when no install in progress”.
Don’t say its my computer because I can install other programs.

As noted in the edit, you likely need to report it on the issues page at github to get the developers attention.

edit:

assuming you are on Windows (which you didn’t mention), this will run the installer and produce a debug log which will likely be helpful

msiexec /i "C:\MyPackage\Example.msi" /L*V "C:\log\example.log"

Peter

Yes I’m using windows. If you pay for a product it should just work, I shouldn’t have to go to GitHub and figure out why it doesn’t work. KiCad downloaded just fine, keep the $10 i’ll learn from a program that works.

As a data point, I just downloaded and installed Fritzing 1.01 on Windows10 and it installed and appears to run correctly. That would appear to indicate a problem with your machine rather than a general problem with Fritzing.

Peter