Unable to load part

Steps I took that resulted in the problem:

i try to open an older project that havent opened for some weeks and couldnt load it as it should be

What I expected should have happened instead:

it should open my file with all the parts but now is missing the one i had the warning and all my design is broken.

i have checked the root of the part and is there… also i checked the permission of the folders and is open for all users and groups (no root access only)

My version of Fritzing and my operating system:

Fritzing 9.3b AMD64

Kernel : Linux 4.15.0-142-generic (x86_64)
Compiled : #146~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 13 09:27:15 UTC 2021
C Library : Unknown
Default C Compiler : GNU C Compiler version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.12)
Distribution : Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS
-Current Session-

Desktop Environment : LXDE

Please also attach any files that help explaining this problem

fritzing2
fritzing one

Upload the sketch (the .fzz file, upload is 7th icon from the left in the reply menu) and I will take a look. You may also want to update your parts repository because the missing .fzp file should be there:

Peter

car sensors pcb spi nokia lcd and rear pcb.fzz (69.6 KB)

Works for me on 0.9.3 (and 0.9.9) on Windows:

The best I could suggest is clone your parts repository from the repo on github on the assumption the .fzp file is missing from the repository. You should find the file

ls fritzing-parts/core/sparkfun-connectors-rj45-8-pth-fix2.fzp

in the fritzing-parts directory in the Fritzing installation directory. If (as I expect) it is not there or not permitted correctly you will get this error message. Try and do a parts update from Help->Check for updates in Fritzing and see if it wants to load a new parts update (it should if as I suspect the local repository is corrupted!) Otherwise you can do a git clone of the parts repository on github in to the parts directory above then start Fritzing and run Part->Regenerate parts database which will run then exit Fritzing. When you restart Fritzing things should work.

Peter

1 Like

Thank you. Glad to see that my files are not corrupted .
i was thinking to buy the new version of fritzing so i will try to open my files with this one

thanks again for your time