Unable to Install Fritzing

I have not been able to install Fritzing on my Windows 11 laptop. It gives me a message about a missing installer.

The actual error message would be possibly more useful. I assume you are using the installer from the download at Frtizing.org for version 1.0.2 (which is the current version?)

Peter

Here is the error message: The Windows Installer Serice could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance"

It sounds like your Windows installation broken. It appears to be saying that your local system is not working correctly. As far as I know Windows 11 installs are working for other people. It works fine for me (and always has) of Win10.

Peter

the windows installer service is totally missing from the registry or list of services

While I don’t know Win11 at all, check the list of services to see if the install service is disabled for some reason (your administrator may have blocked it to prevent installations.) I don’t remember exactly how to get to the listing of services but can probably dig it up if required.

Peter