Two-layer circuit board, hole management

I’m sorry but it’s the first time I try to make a 2 layer PCB. In my design I used one side for logic connections between components and the other side for voltage connections. What I don’t understand is: are the holes electrically connected between one layer and another? Because if there was no continuity between one layer and another, I really wouldn’t know how to weld.
Thanks for your kind cooperation.

On a double sided board THT components are assumed to be plated through (if you are having boards made by a board house) if you are home etching, there are pads on both sides and you would need to drill the hole then solder the top and bottom pads to get the top to connect to the bottom via the pin of the component. SMD parts are by default only on the top of the board. They can be moved in inspector to the bottom of the board but have no hole to connect the top to the bottom. You would need to insert a via in to the sketch to get a hole from the top to the bottom.

Peter

Peter

I think I understand, but to be sure, I’ll rephrase the question. If the PCB is produced by Fritzing, is the THT technique applied?
Thanks for collaboration
Giuseppe

Yes if the board is ordered from the Fritzing Fab (AISLER) they will be plated through and the top layer will electrically connect to the bottom layer automatically. It is only if you produce the pcb by etching at home that the board is unlikely to be plated through.

Peter

Thank you, you have been very kind to help me solve my problem.
Giuseppe