TMC2209 Stepper motor driver

Does anyone know of a stepper motor driver module part for the TMC2209 compatible footprint?

Doesn’t look like there was one, now there is :slight_smile: . There is a good data sheet at digikey …

tmc2209.fzpz (6.4 KB)

Peter

3 Likes

OMG thank you again!

IMG_4039
@vanepp the MKI breakout pcb.
I have noticed a few design errors here but thought you may be interested to see what I needed the part for.
Again, Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This is awesome! I must have a new version of the breakout board, my pins are slightly different. I’m extremely new to Fritzing (day one), would you mind helping me update the definition to the following pinout?

Sure, it may take a few days to post though.

Peter

Thanks so much! No worries. I’m working on learning…just don’t have the experience yet.

This should do the job. The layout is the same, but the pins are in a different order (perhaps to be compatible with something else!) Making parts is complex to learn but fairly easy once you have learned. I think it isn’t worth it if you only need a part or 2, it is easier for one of us to make the part for you.

tmc2209-bigtree.fzpz (8.4 KB)

Peter

Thank you!! I was actually just putting the finishing touches on my version before I posted - I learned a ton through creating a different part more from scratch. microMerlin patiently answered all of my questions. The biggest issue I was having was that first, I didn’t have the correct fonts installed, and second, I didn’t know that I needed to remove the px references in the svg files. Now that I have those sorted out, it was easy to update to the configuration I wanted for the TMC Stepper. Really appreciate the support from you and the other experienced folks on the forum.