Teensy 4.0 Part?

I see we got the Teensy 4.1 and other versions on this forum, but the Teensy 4.0 is missing, anyone have the fritzing part or can quickly make it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a pointer to a mechanical and pin out drawing for the 4.0 it is easy enough for me to modify one of the other versions to match.

edit: found the mechanical and pinout drawings. A part should be up in a couple of days.

Peter

1 Like

This should do what you need:

edit (Oct 2023)

Replaced the part with one with the VUSB (but none of the other bottom pads which are in a post further down if you need them!) defined as well.

teensy-4.0.fzpz (14.6 KB)

Peter

2 Likes

thank you, its awesome

Do you have a file for the teensy 4.0 that has the back part of it as well?

Assuming you are referring to the SMD pads on the back side of the pcb, no. It isn’t easy to mix through hole and SMD in a Fritzing part and since there appear to be SMD components on the bottom of the board I’m not sure how you would connect to the connectors other than wires soldered to the pads. I’m assuming you want access to some or all of the connections circled in red in this image (which is from this web page)

They will be difficult to add in breadboard since they are on the bottom of the board and as noted because of the components on the bottom of the board it doesn’t look like you could use SMD pads to make connections in pcb. I suppose we could put them on the top of the board in breadboard (which won’t match real life) and suppress them in pcb and assume you will solder wires on to them though.

edit:

Here is a part that should do what you want. It is fairly ugly, but the bottom connectors are brought out in breadboard and in pcb (to pads.) In order to use it on a pcb you need to solder a wire to the pad on the Teensy then route the wire to that appropriate pad on the pcb,

teensy-4.0-bottom-pads.fzpz (16.6 KB)

Peter

1 Like

Thanks you, this will work perfectly for me.

There are T4 breakout boards made by the community already,
find out details here, the most hardest part I guess is the SDIO-interface soldering

https://www.pjrc.com/breakout-board-for-teensy-4-0/

Mr. Vanepp, I’m a high school teacher and I love all of your helpful posts. We use the Teensy 4.0 in class, Would you please at the 5v VUSB connector on the Teensy 4? We use it to provide power to Neopixels. 5V VUSB is available on Teensy 3.2, however, it is not on Teensy 4.0

Thanks you,

Frank G

It is there on the teensy-4.0-bottom-pads.fzpz part 3 posts above this.

but it is easy enough to add to the Teensy4.0 part (without the other back side pads which add clutter if not needed) I have done so and will update the original post of the Teensy4.0 (so there is only one copy present!)

Peter

1 Like

Thank you so Much! I really appreciate the quick response!