Switching to another language

Hello folks!
I installed Fritzing version 0.9.3 in portuguese under Windows 7 and have found some issues, probably due to my inexperience. To better find help I’d like to switch language from portuguese to english.
I could have uninstalled and re-install version 0.9.6 in english, but I’m afraid to loose sketches and boards already developed. Is there an option to do it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

The reinstall intentionally does not clear the user directories which are the parts bins (the mine bin for custom parts being the important one.) So a reinstall with a new language shouldn’t be an issue. For safety, you can copy the two user directories to somewhere else. If you stop Fritzing and copy the user directories back in it will start using them again. If they are not present it will create new ones. This is for clearing them if they become corrupted, but the same rules apply to your case.

There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketches during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing (which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing (where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will recreate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you want to keep something in them.

linux

~/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing

Mac

/Users/username/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing

Peter

Thanks a lot! Just one more question: does version 0.9.6 run under Windows 7?

It should, although I have not tried it. I was on Win10 when 0.9.6 came out.

Peter