SVG tag id's not kept on plain svg creation in Inkscape

Hi
My SVG layer tag ids (such as copper0, silkscreen etc) are not kept on plain svg creation, in Inkscape. They are renamed to layer1 or something else by Inkscape. Is there a way to get around this without a manual edit of the svg after it’s creation.

Cheers
KingKappa

What Inkscape version are you using? I haven’t ever seen this problem, it saves the layerIds I set. You do need to select “close without saving” when closing Inkscape because it will resave the svg with Inkscape metadata (which may do this as I have never tried it) as it saves if you save it again.

Peter

I had some issues (not this one, more undo not undoing correctly!) with 1.1 and backed off to 1.0.2-2, but I just upgraded to 1.1.2 which is so far working fine (there are some changes to various things though!) so upgrading may be a good bet. 1.1.2 is a bug fix release with a long change list …

Peter

Hello vanepp
I’ve found using the XML editor or object properties in Inkscape is necessary prior to the export as a plain svg. (Using Inkscape V1.1.2 now) For example - removing the Inkscape id="" attribute - from the svg group id tag and ensuring the svg group id naming is correct and in correct sequence prior to the export as plain svg is necessary. The pcb image fails to work correctly every time - if this is not done first.

Cheers
KingKappa