Small slide switch part with rounded pin connectors

Is there a Fritzing part for a small size C&K switch P/N JS101011SAQN with right angle pins suitable for thru-hole PCB mounting?

Drawing attached

This switch appears to be SMD not through hole. Do you want through hole (in which case we need the through hole layout.)

Peter

Peter: Sorry for the mix up. I found this
drawing for a DPDT switch. The pins on one side of this switch should work.

Jerry

I’m not sure this is going to do what you want. I think you are looking at the js102011saqn which is SMD not through hole. Used as through hole (which looks to be possible) it will not be right angle. This is the 3d image from digikey:

the board is intended to be the green square with the pins SMD mounted to it. If you use it through hole the switch will be vertical to the board not right angle as shown by the red pcb. It is only right angle if the mounting pins on the bottom are in the board and the connection pins are mounted SMD on the board. I don’t think that is what you want as the switch will be upright from the board not parallel to the pcb as right angle implies. To do what I think you want you need an SMD part (which is a problem with the mounting holes as I don’t think SMD parts will do holes!) But that can be cured by dragging a hole in to the sketch.

Peter

Peter: So much trouble with this little part. What I want is the switch to sit with its bottom on the top of the PCB and the switch slider coming out of the switch, sliding parallel to the PCB top surface.

It would appear that this JS202011AQN, DPDT switch will do that job. The Fritzing part that I need would just have the back row of pins.

If I can’t buy the SPDT version of the switch, I’ll buy the DPDT version as shown and cut off the pins immediately under the slider “knob”.

Best wishes,
Jerry

OK here are two parts, one for the real switch and one modified to be spdt. The spdt one is likely to have mechanical issues however and if at all possible I would use the full version.

js202011aqn.fzpz (4.0 KB)

this one won’t get that close to the edge of the pcb

but will have more mechanical stability (due to the extra pins being soldered down!)

js202011aqn-spdt.fzpz (3.9 KB)

This one will get much closer (and even over if needed!) to the edge of the pcb, but with less mechanical stability and thus should be avoided if possible.

The further on to the board (and as flat to the board as possible) will be more stable.

Peter

Peter: Thank you! I will address the issue of the switch mechanical stability with a dab of epoxy under the switch body as I solder the switch in place.

Jerry