Schematic "Terminal Point" vs connector?terminal

A small rectangle is sometimes added to the end of a pin in the Fritzing schematic editor (calling it, say connector1terminal) to allow connecting a wire to the end (instead of the middle) of a pin it’s added to -> connector1pin. Two questions:

1. When assigning a graphic to a connector in schematic edit mode using “Select graphic”, is connector1terminal chosen instead of connector1pin?
  2. Since the schematic edit mode has a choice of where a wire is to be connected via “Center W N S E”, is connector1terminal even necessary and if not, can all of them be eliminated from the schematic .svg?

1&2.People add that small square to the end so they don’t have to assign a compass point.

I personally don’t like the small square because the indicator colour is very small, where as if you assign the whole pin and select a compass point the whole length of the pin shows it’s indication colour. Either way is fine, just make sure the object is on the top layer or it’s hard to select.

When you say “just make sure the object it on the top layer”, is the object you’re referring to the small square and if so, is the small square selected in the “Select graphic” of the schematic editor instead of the whole pin?

1&2.People add that small square to the end so they don’t have to assign a compass point. This is not compulsory.

I personally don’t like the small square and do not add it at all because the indicator colour is very small, where as if you assign the whole pin and select a compass point the whole length of the pin shows the indication colour. Either way is fine, just make sure the object is on the top layer or it’s hard to select.

Square, no square, either way is fine.

Thanks for the help but I’m still a bit confused … maybe I should have asked this in the beginner section.

If one decides to use a small square (call it connector1terminal) instead of a compass point on a whole pin (call it connector1pin), do you select, via the “Select graphic” of the schematic editor, connector1terminal or connector1pin?

I don’t really know what to say, as I’ve said ether is fine. Just use one or the other.

Option 1 is “Select graphic” connector1terminal with NO compass point
Option 2 is “Select graphic” connector1pin but you must select compass point so the wire snaps to the end.

Note the red pin end colour on each.
Option 1 is the light bulb - for lazy people -.
Option 2 is the IR sensor - this is more correct. After you “Select graphic” you must set the end - this case “S” -, or the wires will snap to the centre.

Thank you again … that makes it abundantly clear!

Sometimes I miss the obvious like another question I posted regarding not being able to locate a file with Fritzing’s editor command “Show in Folder”. I guess it was so much of a beginner thing that no one thought to ask me if there were spaces in my file name.