RS Components library files

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to import, or convert, RS Component libraries (in the .epw file format) into Fritz? I use RS Components in my builds a lot of the time and they have an excellent library of parts that I would like to use within my designs.

Thanks in advance

That’d be great, since Mouser offers a lot of schematics in this format.

It looks like the folks at www.samacsys.com would need to add Fritzing to their software to do the conversion. They appear to do kicad and eagle so it may be possible, but they don’t appear to have do so yet.

Peter

Infatti l’unica pecca di questo software che vengono aggiornate le versioni e questo mi fa molto piacere, ma il problema che non vengono aggiornate le librerie, mancano componenti elettronici molto usati, tipo fotoccoppiatori tipo PC817, fusibili piccoli, connettori tipo faston da stampato, eventuali pad da poter inserire, e per finire poter aumentare le piste, dicevo peccato perchè lo avevo suggerito ai ragazzi in quanto molto facile ma ci siamo arresi subito. Dovrebbero caricare nelle versioni librerie piu aggiornate almeno i componenti che vengono usati per piccoli progetti …Saluti
Franco

While it isn’t in core parts (because no one has made a pull request to put it in core parts) there is a part for the pc817 optocoupler available if you do a google search for “fritzing part pc817” available on the net. The same is true for other common parts.

Peter

via google translate:

Anche se non è nelle parti principali (perché nessuno ha fatto una richiesta pull per inserirlo nelle parti principali) è disponibile una parte per l’accoppiatore ottico pc817 se si esegue una ricerca su Google per “fritzing part pc817” disponibile in rete. Lo stesso vale per le altre parti comuni.