Remove parts pin numbers?

I tried this way and the program gives me a “Can’t read resistor.svg”.
The worse part is when I changed it back, removed the it still give me the same error message even after a re-start.
How many spaces are between the <!-- and the code ?? I used one.

One is all you need but you can have as many as you want. You do need the --> and the end of the line “< !-- -->”. Left angular bracket, exclamation mark and two dashes at the beginning and two dashes and right angular bracket at the end. If you are using an svg editor like notepad++ the line should turn green if it is a remark.

This is a zip file… just unzip it and the resistor.svg is in it. You could replace this one with yours or just copy and past the code into yours.

resistor.fz (769 Bytes)

For some reason .svg files cannot be imported into this forum so we just we just zip it up with a .fz extension.

Tried this twice, it don’t work on my Mac. It corrupts the file and the only way I can restore it is to use my “Time machine” to go back and re-load it…

ON ANOTHE SUBJECT… Last night and right now it takes 58 minutes to download Fritzing and it leaves out many parts files. I can not enter “Blog” from the Fritzing homepage, it just stalled. I have to use email response to get to you.
I think someone is working with the download file (or has messed with it) in the past 24 hours.

The changes should not have any effect on the file except leaving out the two numbers. Something else must of changed… it can’t read the files or something in the file…

I don’t know anything about a Mac, but is sounds like you may have other problems and not Fritzing…

It didn’t change the name of the file in some way… did it?

What text editor did you use to edit the .svg?

I’m firing up my Win 7 machine & will download Fritzing.
Right now it looks like it will still take almost an hour to download.

My download speed is 20Mbps. I just checked it… (I know you would ask)

No… I wouldn’t have ask… I still don’t understand how editing a file would cause a problem…

I suspect there is something wrong with your network connection if downloads are taking that long (it may also be a problem with your network provider and/or their path to the Fritzing site). On a slowish (1 megabit) ADSL line here in Canada it just said the download would take 8 minutes. While I too am not a Mac user, there have been some problems with github on some of the older Macs blocking parts updates, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem here. It sort of sounds like a permissions problem (from the “Can’t read resistor.svg” message), are you perhaps using a different user ID than the one that Fritzing was installed under? Can you display the ownership and permissions (I don’t know how to do that with the gui on a Mac but ls -l from a command prompt will display the ownership and permissions of files) on the original file and then on the file that you replace? That should provide a clue to the problem I expect. Windows is even better as both Steelgoose and I are Windows types.

Peter

I thought maybe it might be that the resistor.svg was still open in the text editor… But I have never had that problem unless it is a Mac thing…

This may be the problem. I downloaded it on my Win 7 machine and it also took 58 minutes.
I then tried another download, different program, and it worked normally.

Anyhow, Fritzing works very good on my Mac, I like it, and I’m gonna keep it just like it is. Those little gray pin numbers don’t bother me at all.

Thanks to everyone who helped…
Don

You could always make the little pin numbers white and they wouldn’t show up… :relaxed: