Recreate schemactic from breadboard view

Hi,

I laid out my project on a breadboard, then moved parts of it to a stripboard and went through a couple of iterations of the layout. Unfortunately this seems to have completely confused the schematic view, which has a lot of rats nests shorting out several pins that cannot be deleted, and some that result in the breadbord view getting scrambled if I delete them.

I know the breadboard layout is correct (or at least, much more correct than the schematic). I checked the connections by clicking and seeing where it goes yellow, does not seem to match the schematic at all.

Is there a way I can tell Fritzing to recreate the schematic using the current breadboard as the source?

Thanks
Neilen

Try saving the file, close it, and reopen it.

There is redraw foibles that a restart might fix.

From what I’ve learn about this Fritzing, and I’m new to this so I stand to be corrected, but starting with the breadboard design and get all of your wires, and other parts where you want them. The check the wires to ensure there is proper routing. Then move to the schematic. In the schematic, you can drag your rats nest to make it look the way you want it to look (like the breadboard. Once again, ensure the wires are routed properly.

You will probably need to do the same thing again in the PCB layout.

Let know if this correct. I’m try to get this going this way with mine.

Another thing is that you don’t have to keep the rats-nest traces.

Put hard traces where you want and the rats-nest traces disappear automatically.

Yep… there is a learning curve to this… If you connect to a pin (i.e. GND) that belongs to a group, your air-wires will snap to the closet GND pin… If you move the parts around, the air wire will jump to the closest GND pin. The same thing happens when you complete a circuit. If move the parts around in the other views, the air-wires will jump around to the closest pin/part in that circuit. Once you change the air-wire to a hard wire it will remain in that position.

Just because the wires in the breadboard or pcb view are not connect to the same point (connector) in the breadboard vies does not mean the circuit is wrong i.e. the GND wires may run all over the place, but in the schematic view you my just want to run them to a GND symbol and accomplish the same thing.

Start moving the parts around the screen and watch your air-wires jump to the closest connect point it that route. You can then arrange the parts in the schematic view and change the air-wires to hard wires. The same thing applies in the pcb view… the air wires will jump around as you move the parts around, but once you run the trace everything will stay put.

I believe the preferred method is to start with the schematic view… that is if there is a preferred method… I think everyone has their own preferred method… When designing a circuit it general starts on paper… then to your breadboard for testing… and finely your finish product (your custom pcb)… Although, no one does it that way. I usually start with the pcb and then go to the schematic to make the pcb work out. :confused:.

Start moving stuff around in the different views and connecting hard wires and traces… you will get the hang of it…

I am a Fritzing newbie having already made a few PCB’s using Fritzing and still not sure if I am using the program as it was intended. I am using the latest version of Fritzing on a Linux Ubuntu computer.

I start off in the breadboard view, placing the components and connections wires neatly.
I then go to the schematic view which looks a real mess and move the parts and their connections around again to look neat in this view.
If I revert back to the Breadboard view again all the parts and jumpers have all moved and it looks a real mess! Is this supposed to happen?
Going back to the PCB view and Moving the components placing and orientation, then changes the other two views again.

When I work in any of the 3 Views it changes the other views!

Are all the components & connections placing interactive in the three views?

It shouldn’t if you are only moving parts around and repositioning them in the other views. But if you are changing wires and parts, ie delete/add, in one view, it changes things in the other views.