Placeholder to build

Hello everyone,
I hope someone can and wants to help me. I’m looking for some kind of placeholder. By this I mean a configurable part without any graphics. It should be configurable in terms of dimensions and then use this size to set holes all around at the usual distance from the edge in a 2.54mm grid.
It would be great - a luxury version - if the holes were numbered or could be labeled and made invisible/visible (name and/or number) using a checkbox.
Is that possible ?
That would be the only part I would want to invest time in.
Who helps me ?
How can I proceed?
Please, I can’t read 1000 pages and/or install endless software tools…
I have Inkscape on the PC, gimp, Python and PlatformIO, as well as the standard Windows programs.

Thank you very much in advance!
So long
Pc

By definition parts require graphics. A part consists of the .fzp file (text, xml) which controls all the rest of the part) and several (up to 4) svg files that define the part. It is possible (I do it regularly) to make a part from template files, but you need to understand the interaction of fzp file with the svgs which requires that you read all that documentation you want to avoid. I believe the developers are working on improvements to the parts editor but I haven’t seen any release time line (nor any comments on what is happening with it which I expect means that it is very complex.!) It is possible to generate parts with a script (I am working on a python replacement for the parts factory but it isn’t finished yet.) but that too is complex and assumes that you understand the format of a part, if you don’t it likely isn’t going to work. Even then it is complex since you need to generate the xml for the svg files from the script which in turn requires that you know what that xml needs to look like and include it in the code. In short I don’t expect you will be successful at this project as it is very complex.

Peter

Thank you, Peter.
By the way: is it possible to mirror parts ?
I only can rotate.

Many thanks in advance!
So long
Pc

Assuming by mirror parts you mean flip horizontal of vertical, only in schematic. In breadboard or pcb that is disallowed (because you can’t in the real world) although there is a way to do it with a special settings in the part in breadboard I think, if I recall correctly. In breadboard and pcb you can only rotate them or place them on the bottom of the board (pcb only) which will do the flip as it is required to keep the pins correct.

Peter