Parts with top and bottom layer

Hi everyone.
I managed to modify some parts of fritzing. Now I would like to move on to something more advanced on two levels (top and bottom pcb side). The part I want to do is this. Below I upload three images: the first two of the component, the last of the pcb (the dimensions are correct). Can you suggest me on the PCB component side how can I tell Fritzing that a pin is in the top part rather than in the bottom part?

Can you suggest me a database part that implements this feature (top & bottom PCB)?

Thanks in advance

Schermata 2020-05-20 alle 11.56.36

Schermata 2020-05-20 alle 11.56.41

Schermata 2020-05-20 alle 11.50.09

Sorry for the late reply, my Internet link is mostly broken until I can arrange an upgrade. This is a standard DB9 connector that connects via wires and is on core parts. Do a parts search for “DB 9” and you will find it. If you have a SMD version that needs odd pads this howto explains how to achieve that:

Internet link willing I will answer questions about the howto.

Peter

Hello Peter.
Thanks for the reply :wink:

I’ll give you the most precise questions below.

1. Is there a fritzing part that implements, for example, weldable pads above and below? Or someting similar? (I could open it and understand how to do it).

Thanks again.

Yes, the bbc microbit does so. The procedure is fairly complex so you would be best to use the referenced howto though. The part is here:

Peter

Thks Peter!!!
:grinning: :smiley: