Part Request: GT-U7 GPS Module

Name of the part
Gouuu Tech GT-U7 NEO6M GPS

Top view
I’m actually mainly interested in the bottom view though because of the pin assignments being located there.

Datasheet

Type
I did not read this
[ x] Breakout board, sub assembly, plug in module (A) (I think?)…
Antenna (AE)
Battery (BT)
Capacitor (C)
Diode (D)
Display (DS)
Fuse (F)
Hardware , mounting screws, etc. (H)
Jack, fixed part of a connector pair, header (J)
Relay (K)
Inductor, Coil, Ferrite bead (L)
Loudspeaker, Buzzer (LS)
Motor (M)
Microphone (MK)
Plug, moveable part of a connector pair (P)
Transistor (Q)
Resistor (R)
Thermistor (RT)
Varistor (RV)
Switch (S)
Transformer (T)
Integrated Circuit (IC)
Crystal, Oscillator (Y)
Zender diode (Z)
Other (please specifiy)

Footprint

This part should do what you want.

edit:

Correct two typos in breadboard (device name and PPS label)

GT-U7-NEO6M-GPS.fzpz (10.7 KB)

Peter

1 Like

You are amazing as always! Two minor requests for if any when you have the time. The label open smart, instead can we do the Goouuu Tech GT-U7? That is the most prevalent label for these devices in my experience. Additionally one of the pins is labeled PPM when it should be PPS. I tried figuring out how to edit these myself since they’re so minor but I can’t seem to figure it out. Sorry!

Done. The label came from the schematic image above which calls it Open Smart, but the image under it is the correct name and pps was a simple typo. I have replaced the upload, but you will need to select the part in the parts bin then remove it and shutdown Fritzing (because it doesn’t actually remove it until you shut down and say yes to the prompts to save the parts!) before it will let you load it again.

Fixing the svg is simple, but you need to run the result through FritzingCheckPart.py to remove the px that Inkscape adds to the svg otherwise Fritizing is likely to make the font size either 0 (very small) or 255 (very large.) so it is easier for me to do it.

Peter

1 Like

Thank you for both the updates and the info, that’s super helpful! Do you have anywhere that I can support you?

No, it isn’t worth the tax hassle to me to accept donations :slight_smile: I do this for fun.

Peter

1 Like