Part-creation-howto-part10-Inkscape-schematic-extension

Even that is a problem. The ICSP pins for instance on the original UNO are overlaid on their standard pin positions. On the newer boards they are separate pins on the cpu (and in the case of the wifi boards, on a different processor!) and thus need to be separated and it isn’t clear to me how to do that. This is the core UNO ICSP schematic

The pins circled in green are where the ICSP connections are overlaid in schematic. On the newer boards the various (some of the new boards have multiple ICSP or JTAG pins) are usually on separate unique CPU pins and thus will need to be shown somewhere. It isn’t clear to me where they should appear or how. As noted I prefer to show the pins as they appear on the ICSP connector in schematic (including the power and ground pins as that makes the most sense to me.) To do this we would need to decide how to represent things like the ICSP and jtag connectors in schematic and I currently don’t know how to do that.

edit:

A reason not to do this now is that doing so commits us to having to obsolete the new boards (which are available now if not in core parts or the desired format but they are available (and as long as they aren’t in core, obsoleting doesn’t apply!) when the final changes come. That is going to be a fair amount of work that I would rather avoid.

Peter