Nothing new for a while please

Lets not go adding to this app until some of the glaring deficiencies have been dealt with.

Currently each time I delete a wire added on the breadboard view that was added by ratnest line I have to quit and restart to do anything else. I will start raising bugs but guess what I have stuff I need to get done rather than spending time adding a never ending list of bugs.

Can you upload a sketch that demonstrates this problem? I’m not exactly sure if you ware deleting a wire or a rats nest line (you can do both but generally shouldn’t delete rats nest lines!)

Peter

I will add something soon but it’s not going to show what I am dealing with using one image. Just a moment ago I drew a wire on the BB view, all looked good, tried to change colour of the wire, no way and essentially the only thing I could do was extend that wire, the release of the mouse wasn’t correctly recognised, so quit the app and do a little more and repeat.

Just found something that was causing me an issue, curved wires on the BB view. I have switched that off and things are much better.

It sounds like your installation is broken. For me on Fritzing 1.0.2 on Win10 things work fine.

create a wire

select it hit shift an move it to make a curve then right click on it and change its color

all work as expected. I would suggest uninstalling Fritzing then clear the user directories (which will delete any custom parts you have so back them up if you want to save custom parts) then reinstall Fritzing and see if that helps. What you describe is not normal Fritzing behavior. Here are instructions for removing the Fritzing user directories.

There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketches during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing (which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing (where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will recreate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you want to keep something in them.

linux

~/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing

Mac

/Users/username/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing

Peter

Thanks I will give that a try and let you know how I get on.

Gary

Thank you so much Peter for your patience :slight_smile:

@gmcoates I wish we could take your feedback into account. However you start your first message ever with a call to boycott, no indication of anything you added to this app, vague description of expectations about super basic features, and no version information.
You made it quite clear that you don’t want to help.

I think we should re-check our forum policy. In my opinion, as few time should be spend on these kind of posts as possible, meaning they should be deleted without warning.