New Part but I don't know what it's called

Hi. I’m looking for a part in the library but I’m having difficulty because I don’t know what it’s called. I’ve seen it on PCBs and I want to use it on mine. It is, basically, a kind of link. It is a circular pad that has been split diametrically and connections made to each half. It is normally open circuit but the link can be made by putting a solder blob that connects the two halves. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

You may be looking for a jumper:


Hi, Peter. Thank you for your reply.
I was actually looking for something like this:

It is entirely copper track and the circular portion would not have solder resist so it would easily accept a blob of solder. I have seen them on commercial boards and I would think they would work well with wave soldering (not that I can do that).


Fritzing has an adjustable size (and other properties) “pad” part that can be used for this. Rectangle only, but that should be good for most cases. If you want fancier pads, a custom part would be needed.

Looks like that would do it if I put 2 of them close together.