Multimeter Using Arduino

You must have had problems with your Electrical components whether they worked or not, for example couple of days back I did an arduino project but it was not working I spent the next few days rebuilding the project using new parts until I found that it was the problem of 1 JUMPER WIRE!! the whole circuit did not run.(I had many problems like these) Then I knew I had to do something to check other components as well,so I came up with an idea to start working on a custom multimeter using arduino and lcd . I would want it to check: connectivity,voltage,resistance, to have a built in servo tester,LED tester and motor tester as well .I even am planning to have a menu system to change to the mode of electronic components and run through them.

What do u think about this and hope we will all together make a wonderful new custom multimeter one!!

I have started working on the project since Jan this year and would want your suggestions and ideas.

Thank you!!

Here are the steps to create a multimeter using Arduino:

1. Connect the LCD display to the Arduino board using the jumper wires. The LCD display will typically have 16 pins, which will need to be connected to the appropriate pins on the Arduino board.
  2. Connect a potentiometer to the breadboard and adjust it until you get the desired contrast on the LCD display.
  3. Connect a 10kΩ resistor to the breadboard, and connect one end of the resistor to the 5V pin on the Arduino board. Connect the other end of the resistor to the positive (red) lead of the multimeter.
  4. Connect a 100kΩ resistor to the breadboard, and connect one end of the resistor to the negative (black) lead of the multimeter. Connect the other end of the resistor to one of the analog input pins on the Arduino board.
  5. Connect a capacitor to the breadboard, with one end connected to the negative (black) lead of the multimeter and the other end connected to the ground pin on the Arduino board.
  6. Write a program in the Arduino IDE to read the voltage across the multimeter using the analog input pin, and display the value on the LCD display. You can also add code to display the units (volts, amps, etc.) and to calibrate the multimeter.
  7. Upload the program to the Arduino board and test the multimeter by measuring the voltage across a known resistor or other device.