More flexible diode parts

It is on the old whislist allready but id like to bring this under attention again.
The Diode part only has 300 mil pinspacing and a fixed hole size.

For signal diodes (1N4148) and Zeners 200mil 400mil and 500mil would be very welcome (to be able to jump over other traces)
And a smaller hole size would make it more professional.

And for more chunky diodes it would be nice to be able to customise the hole size.

Also a 0 ohm or wire bridge part in various mil spacings would be nice to have. Lets say 100mil - 2000mil.
For educational use this kind of part could be very welcome on singlesided DIY etched boards

1 Like

yeah the size of diodes in breadboard mode is way too long. im trying to lay out a perf board and its impossible. i want an image that explains where each diode is, but in breadboard view thats not possible without covering them with wires making the image a tangled mess of nothing. my diodes are way way smaller than the ones in frizting. i cant believe more people arent struggling with this. even the upright diode is like the size of a 2x4 perfboard holes. meaning it completely covers the button its regulating. i just want to make a reference pic i can use to help me solder it down. doesn’t anybody have smaller diodes?

If you are wanting to do perf board search the forum for “top view” these are parts that are optimised for perfboard use. There is also a small signal diode part I made some years ago in the forums someplace.

Peter

I ran into these issues many times and I agree the software needs to become more flexible here. I have created a custom part several times to adjust the hole size, but since a custom part doesn’t have the flexbility of the built-in diode, that is more a band-aid than a solution.