Molex Part & ECAD import

Hi,
I am new in the forum, and I would like to know how to import ECAD model as a part.

As an example, I need a Molex 2x2 connector part and found
0430450401 footprint, schematic symbol and 3D model by Molex

Should I create it from scratch (so how ?) or I can import it ?

Many thanks for your help,

As far as I know ECAD doesn’t support the Fritzing format (probably due to breadboard view but I don’t know.) A couple of folks in the past have asked about it and been told to ask the ECAD folks but I haven’t ever seen a follow up. So you would likely need to make a custom part (or get one of us to make one for you.) There are some molex connectors in generic headers but possibly not this particular one. A quick google search for

fritzing part molex 0430450401

doesn’t turn up a part either. There doesn’t appear to be a dual row molex available in the generic connector either so I would guess you are at a custom part.

attempting to select double row doesn’t select any parts indicating there isn’t one in the parts factory.

Peter

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer. I am using the 2x2 pin model as describe in the link

The thing is there is a ‘hole’ under the connector to be able to clip it.
What is the process to get someone make it for me ?
Many thanks,

This part should do what you want. Before ordering boards print the footprint out at 1:1 scale and compare it to a real part.

molex-0430450401.fzpz (3.8 KB)

Peter

Hi Peter
I have tried and looks great ! Many thanks for your help !
Is there any private mailbox in the forum ?
Thanks

Yes. Click on your user icon in the upper right, then click on the down arrow at the bottom to get this screen

which allows you to send private messages.

Peter

Hi Peter,
Seems I cannot have the “New Message” button, and don’t have “Message” under your avatar. Did I miss something ? Many thanks

For me this works:

capture3

This will display any messages (and may not appear if you don’t have any!)

clicking on the icon then on the circled icon at the bottom brings up this:

clicking on messages on the top line brings up the New message icon on the left side, clicking that sends a message. I’d expect the forum to act the same for you. This is Windows 10 under firefox, variations in OS or browser may cause changes but I wouldn’t expect so.

Peter