Mikroe amplifier module

Dear community,

I need help creating the fritzing part for this[amplifier module](https://www.mikroe.com/2x20w-amp-click) to document my current project. It seems too complicated for me, and I wonder if is possible to request it from the manufacturer.

Thanks folks!

Best,
Mengjia

It is not actually that complicated of a part. To do it properly though does need some details that I did not find. The page you (sort of) linked includes a link for a datasheet, but a quick scan through it did not locate the mechanical information for the board. The dimensions and coordinates (offsets) for the pins and terminals. With that a simple working (very plain) part could be created easily. Making it pretty (adding graphics to look like the board) takes a lot longer. For me.

You can always ask the vendor / manufacturer, if you can find contact information for them. If they have (and will publish) eagle drawings of the board, there is a tool available that can generate a Fritzing part from them.

1 Like

Thanks so much microMerlin! This is helpful information :star2: and I am grateful!

While there isn’t a mechanical drawing, the jpg image on the web page along with the board dimensions are enough to make a part. Basically import the jpg in Inkscape and scale it down til it matches a rectangle of the size of the board. That gives you the location (approximately) of the header pins which are then aligned on .1 in boundaries giving a part that looks like this:

2x20x-amp-click.fzpz (22.2 KB)

The pin numbering on the input jack may not be correct (it is the sequence on the jack I copied, and isn’t specified in the web page for the board) but it should otherwise be OK.

Peter

2 Likes

Dear Peter,

This is immensely helpful! Thank you for creating such a versatile platform, and I will definitely visit the forum again when I have any more questions! :star2: :star2: :star2:

Best,
Mengjia