MAX7219 LED display driver

Hi,

I’m looking for the MAX7219 LED display driver (by itself without an attached LED matrix). Does anyone have one they could share?

Thanks,

David

There is a max7219 chip in the core parts library. Just put “max7219” in the search box.

If that is not what you are looking for, read FAQ: Where can I find “specific part” then provided more information about “which” controller board you are talking about.

Hi, thank you for your response. I have tried searching for that but nothing comes up. Do I need to install any other packages?

Actually I’ve found it now after regenerating the parts database - weird. Thank you for your help. I am now looking for the MAX6954 but i’ll raise a separate post for that.

Cheers,

The regenerate option rebuilds some index information for the parts information stored in the library. Apparently your index information was (very) out of date, or corrupted some way. The max7219 is not a new part. It has not been touched in 4 years, if I read the git information correctly.

If you recently installed Fritzing, probably the initial update of the library information did not finish properly (initially). On first run, Fritzing get the latest part information, which can take some time. Shutting down Fritzing before that finishes can have strange results. See FAQ:Fritzing Freezes on Start for some details and cleanup steps. Looks like for you, the regenerate was enough.