Make printer settings permanent

Every time when I want to print a PCB layout I have to set the printer settings anew.
Is it possible to set the page size and print quality permanently?
Cannot find this in the Edit > Preferences or somewhere else in the fritzing menu.

I guess you’re making PCBs - there’s not enough info in the post -, then it’s no because it’s a printer setting, ie, FZ can’t make the print darker, that’s a printer software thing. You usually make a profile of the setting for PCB printing and give it a name, then select it every time you need to print out a FZ drawing.

“I guess you’re making PCBs - there’s not enough info in the post -, then it’s no because it’s a printer setting, ie, FZ can’t make the print darker, that’s a printer software thing. You usually make a profile of the setting for PCB printing and give it a name, then select it every time you need to print out a FZ drawing.

Ah, so there is a possibility that I do not have to set it again and again. But how do I make that profile in fritzing?

You do not make the profile “in” Fritzing. It is tied to your operating system and printer driver/interface software.

You MAY be able to create the profile when doing a print “from” Fritzing. How (if it is possible) will depend on exactly what software (not Fritzing) that you are using. Most printer driver software provides a window with a set of tabs for configuring the printer and options to use for the current print. Some have an option someplace to give the settings combination a name, save them, and load them again another time.

Thanks microMerlin, you did put me on track here. I am using a Linux O.S. and thought I had already configured the printer settings the way I prefer it. But due to some printer problems I had to add a “new” printer (the same printer but with another name of it) and was under the assumption that I had already done the settings. No such thing was the case. After applying the preferred settings everything is O K. now. Also when I want a fritzing pcb printout.
Problem solved :grinning: .

I used to do it all the time, but not nowadays.

I use many components only available in surface mount (for example, very few ARM microcontrollers are available in DIP), and almost all my PCB errors are stuff that breadboarding might not have caught - problems with signal integrity, incorrect footprint, etc.

I can still breadboard parts of my circuits and once in a while it will probably catch a thing or two, and always Read some reviews about labels and sticker printer at this site, but I’m experienced enough that most of the basic sub-circuits that I build operate on the first attempt as planned, so it’s just not worth the time on balance.