Make printer settings permanent

Every time when I want to print a PCB layout I have to set the printer settings anew.
Is it possible to set the page size and print quality permanently?
Cannot find this in the Edit > Preferences or somewhere else in the fritzing menu.

I guess you’re making PCBs - there’s not enough info in the post -, then it’s no because it’s a printer setting, ie, FZ can’t make the print darker, that’s a printer software thing. You usually make a profile of the setting for PCB printing and give it a name, then select it every time you need to print out a FZ drawing.

“I guess you’re making PCBs - there’s not enough info in the post -, then it’s no because it’s a printer setting, ie, FZ can’t make the print darker, that’s a printer software thing. You usually make a profile of the setting for PCB printing and give it a name, then select it every time you need to print out a FZ drawing.

Ah, so there is a possibility that I do not have to set it again and again. But how do I make that profile in fritzing?

You do not make the profile “in” Fritzing. It is tied to your operating system and printer driver/interface software.

You MAY be able to create the profile when doing a print “from” Fritzing. How (if it is possible) will depend on exactly what software (not Fritzing) that you are using. Most printer driver software provides a window with a set of tabs for configuring the printer and options to use for the current print. Some have an option someplace to give the settings combination a name, save them, and load them again another time.

Thanks microMerlin, you did put me on track here. I am using a Linux O.S. and thought I had already configured the printer settings the way I prefer it. But due to some printer problems I had to add a “new” printer (the same printer but with another name of it) and was under the assumption that I had already done the settings. No such thing was the case. After applying the preferred settings everything is O K. now. Also when I want a fritzing pcb printout.
Problem solved :grinning: .