Lost files after upgrade from .9 to 1.0

I just upgraded the app and it looks like it deleted all my fritzing files. Is this usual or did they get moved somewhere else? I hope I can find them. Thanks in advance.

No. The user files (in these directories) are not touched during upgrades to avoid exactly this.

There are two user directories (with your parts and the parts database) which don’t get touched during an install (to not affect your sketches during upgrades). On Windows they are in

c:\users\username\AppData\Fritzing\roaming\Fritzing (which is a hidden directory so you need to enable hidden directories in explorer) and

c:\Users\username\My Documents\Fritzing (where username is your windows id)

If you don’t have any parts or sketches you want to keep you can just delete those two directories and Fritzing will recreate them, or you can move them aside by renaming them if you want to keep something in them.

linux

~/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing

Mac

/Users/username/Documents/Fritzing/parts
~/.config/Fritzing

If the files don’t exist (such as they were on a network drive that wasn’t connected during the upgrade) then they will be recreated empty. If you can identify the files else where in your file system you can shutdown Fritzing then restore them them to the position they were in and Fritzing will use them normally the next time it starts. I usually keep the .fzpz files for any parts I add in a separate directory so I can restore the files if I have to clear them due to corruption.

Peter