Looking for WS2812-2020 Part

Hi, I’ve recently purchased some of these (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32878302621.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4df34c4dC8HEZq) and am looking for a fritzing part.

I’ve never made a fritizing part in my life so have no idea how to do it and reading up is just confusing me ha.

I only need PCB view for my usage

MTIA if one already exists

Did you do your own search for an existing part? FAQ: Where can I find “specific part”.

A quick search found several possible parts for WS2812. None seemed to be quite what you want, but I am not the one that wants the part, so I did not dig very deep.

Usually a direct product link would not be enough to be able to create a Fritzing part. In this case, the overview information includes mechanical dimensions, and even a PCP solder pad footprint. So if another part is really needed, there is enough information there (for one of the regulars here) to create it.

Thanks for your reply, Yes I did a search before posting and couldn’t find any that were the size of these. The most common package size is 5050 and I have that already, but I have yet to be able to find the WS2812 2020 variant anywhere

While I seem to remember someone making one of these a couple of years ago, I couldn’t find it, so I made a part (for me that was easier.) As always print out and check the footprint before ordering boards.

WS2812-2020.fzpz (7.1 KB)

Peter

1 Like

That’s awesome, thank you so much. I will check it out and report back