Looking for SPDT Footpint

Hello all, i am looking for this push button footprint.
MB2011SB1W01-DA

Thank you very much for your help!

Since Fritzing does poorly with rectangular holes in pcb (they basically aren’t supported) your best bet will likely to be to use a 3 pin header to create holes to solder wires to connect to the switch.

Peter

Two Options:

1. Know where the part will be on the PCB and create a Custom PCB with cutouts (I’ve posted How To Do IT several times but, here’s a link to one of mine…

2. Though Fritzing is easy to learn, it’s limited so, I switched to Kicad. Not difficult to learn and making PCB’s of any shape with cutouts is about 1 minute of work). Example below shows rectangular cutout radius’d corner (making it an oval for a small rectangle) for a Barrel Jack

IMG_20200223_122529254_HDR.png copy

How well do the board production houses do with that sort of cutout? My current information is that they normally do very poorly on any interior cutout that is not circular. What does gerber contain for something like that?

• The Gerber contains the correct cutout shape.
• Most PCB companies can do this but, check with them as not all can - depends on their tooling (CNC, Laser, Waterjet…). Many folks at the Kicad forum use a China company that does it without extra cost and they’re the lowest cost PCB company I’m aware of. Here’s the link. Click on the ‘Capabilities’ tab then, click Drill size and scroll down - you’ll find it… Here’s a screenshot - Their Rectangular holes are shown…

They can make any rectangular size but Not with sharp corners (that’s what they intend to make clear in their language translation…

EDIT Oh, forgot, on the same page with rectangle, just above it, you’ll see ‘Plated’ rectangle Slots - that’s what you’ll need…

Lastly - for kicks… image of my SPDT toggle switch in Kicad…