Looking for PCF8574 I/O expansioner (SMD)

Is there a .fzpz file of PCF8574 (SMD)? If there is, send me the part file(s).
Please and thank you!

here’s the datasheet of the PCF8574: https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/pcf8574.pdf

First you would need to specify which package you want (there are several.) Then you could do this your self by replacing the DIP pcb view in the PCF8574 in core parts with an appropriate existing smd footprint in parts editor.

Peter

I got it. Thank you!

excuse me, but i did try doing it in the parts editor, but there isn’t any smd footprint in there.
(I may be wrong since i just getting started with fritzing, my apologies for that)

You still haven’t said which of the available packages (and number of pins!) in the data sheet you want which means no one else can help you. Indeed there are not footprints in parts editor, you would need to identify a footprint svg in either another part that has the footprint you want or in the pcb svg part of the application.

Peter

oh, sorry for that. so i was looking for the DW or N package, which has 8 pins on each side:

This part should do what you want (it uses a preexisting footprint) however before ordering boards it would be advisable to print out the footprint at 1:1 scale and check it against a real part.

pcf8574-soic16.fzpz (6.4 KB)

Peter

Got that. Many thanks Peter!