Looking for 3 Wire RTD PT100 Sensor -part

I have a 3 wire resistance temperature detector PT100 in my system. It is connected to a MAX31865 thermocouple amplifier. Could someone help me to find part 3 wire rtd PT100

There doesn’t appear to be a fritzing part for the probe. To make a part we would need the data sheet for the probe you have with the connections and preferably a mechanical drawing.

Peter

Would these links be helpful?

https://www.wici.com/blogs/2012/06/rtd-two-wire-transmitters-and-how-they-work/

https://instrumentationapplication.com/difference-between-2-wire3-wire-4-wire-rtds/

Not really. What is needed is the datasheet for the particular sensor you have (or want to use.) While I can make a generic 3 wire sensor, the usual case is to have breadboard view look like the actual sensor which means having a picture of the sensor and physical dimensions to create a part.

Peter

Here would be an svg image of the sensor as I would like it

RTD PT100

Maybe it won’t show up? Ok, here is the jpg image

RTD PT100

This is the sensor I use:

This should do what you need.

Pt100.fzpz (4.3 KB)

Peter

Thank you! This is good. How can I reduce the size a bit? The name should also indicate that it is an RTD PT100 because there are also e.g. K-type PT100 sensors.

It is easy enough to scale down the svg, but it is currently life size as is normal or breadboard view. How much smaller do you want it?

Also easy enough to do.

Peter

Not very much smaller, just the same size as the DS 18B20

OK this one should do what you want (I will leave the original rather than replacing it because it is a correct part the reflects the real life size, where this one is smaller than real life!)

Pt100-RTD.fzpz (4.4 KB)

it looks like this:

which is approximately the same as your image.

Peter

Thank you very much!
:slightly_smiling_face:

hello, can i pls get the fritzing file of the second rtd pt100 sensor but with just only two wire pls ?

We would need a data sheet of the device you want to know what the two connections do or which of the wires to remove.

Peter

This should do what you want.

Pt100-RTD-2wire.fzpz (4.3 KB)

Peter

thank you very much, can you pls tell me which one is gnd and which one is vcc ?

Neither. As far as I can see it is a resistor with the resistance being the temperature. See the line compensation section of the data sheet.

Peter