Laminator for dry film solder resist

Sorry if this question is slightly off topic. I want to buy a laminator for heat sealing dry film solder resist, but don’t want to have to modify it. Can anyone advise on a suitable laminator, preferably a Fellowes.

Hi Andy,

At one time I was researching laminators for making my own PCBs. The one I was looking to buy was one of the Akiles Prolam Plus laminators, 320 deg. and adjustable to 1/6" thick… but they are a little pricey for the hobbyist.

After researching all the different ways to make my own PCBs… buying all the equipment, chemicals, and other consumables… along with the time to experiment and make the boards. I figured out it was cheaper and better to have a fab house make them for me with all the high tech equipment that they use to make professional boards.

Although it may seem like a lot of fun making your own boards… you can’t beat the quality and price of a fab house… “solder mask, screen print 2 sides with a digital printer, via and through hole plating” all for the extravagant price of about 15 or 20 bucks for 3 boards from OSH Park in the U,S, or 10 boards from China… and that includes free shipping… or you can spend a few hundred dollars on equipment and supplies and make a mess in your wife’s kitchen… Hope I didn’t discourage you…

Personally, I would rather be spending that time making and experimenting with my gadgets… Just upload your Gerber files and about 10 days later they show up in the mail… Besides, you can buy professionally made fab house boards for about what you would pay for just the presensitized copper clad board stock…

I’m already producing my own PCBs and wanted to get a laminator to assist with applying the dry film solder mask. If anyone knows of a suitable laminator please let me know the make and model.

This is the one that PCBfx recommends… http://www.pcbfx.com/main_site/pages/start_here/laminator_info.html