Install on ubuntu 22.04

Hello, I just try to install Fritzing (downloeaded from github) on my ubuntu 22.04. but i have bellow info:

user1@7480:~/fritzing/fritzing-app$ sudo qmake
Project MESSAGE: found libgit2 include path at /home/user1/fritzing/fritzing-app/../libgit2/include
Project MESSAGE: found libgit2 library in /home/user1/fritzing/fritzing-app/../libgit2/build
Project MESSAGE: Using fritzing boost detect script.
Project MESSAGE: using installed Boost library
Project MESSAGE: Using fritzing ngspice detect script.
Project MESSAGE: using /home/user1/fritzing/ngspice-40
Project MESSAGE: Using fritzing quazip detect script.
Project ERROR: quazip could not be found.

I have download, compile the quazip and transfer to …/fritzing-directory/include/quazip/
but I can’t compile the fritzing

Hi could you help me please? :slight_smile:

Why not simply sudo apt-get install fritzing ?

That would (I expect) get a very old version.

You’ll get version 0.9.6 (Mar 2021), the last open-source one as of the time of this writing.

Active development of Fritzing stopped in 2016, so presumably you won’t miss much.

Or you can pay and get the latest version. But demand the source code with it, since it’s GPL.

Development started again around 2000. Current version is 1.0.1 and it is fairly far ahead of 0.9.6 and the current source is available on github. I believe the current version is what OP is trying to build without success.

Peter

Development started again around 2000. Current version is 1.0.1 and it is fairly far ahead of 0.9.6 and the current source is available on github. I believe the current version is what OP is trying to build without success.

I didn’t say development stopped before 2000, I said it stopped in 2016, which isn’t my words - Kjell said that. Release notes are available here https://fritzing.org/download/history-changes/ . There were mostly bug fixes since 0.9.6.

Anyway, there is no tag 1.0.1 (as of now), the last tag is 0.9.6 Tags · fritzing/fritzing-app · GitHub

A cursory check of resolved issues (e.g. #4050, #4051) reveals no corresponding commits in the GitHub repo. That, combined with the activity graph that looks like this
, suggests the author stopped updating the GitHub repo and/or is using another (private?) repo.

With that said, I do agree that it would be good to have clear steps for building fritzing for Ubuntu platform.

The version in the repository is 1.0.0. It is not tagged, but contains the bug fixes and the simulator of Fritzing 1.0.0.

Hi All. I thought on github is newer version than available on Ubuntu repo and I also thought on github is the same version as on the https://fritzing.org/download/ :slight_smile: but from a commercial point of view it wouldn’t make sense… Finaly I decided to buy official 1.0.1 version and now I’m happy :slight_smile: