I'm looking for cc40192 and cc4511,thanks!

I searched them in the bin ,but there’s none.I am a beginner so that’s hard for me to create them on my own :frowning: .
Can u help me out…plz…

If they have a generic IC footprint just grab one out of the CORE bin, change the number of pins in Inspector, and type the part# further down in Insp.

1 Like

A google search didn’t turn up either as a Fritzing part so Old_Grey’s suggestion is the correct one. Both are available as 16 DIP so 2 generic ICs with 16 pins and change the pin description with parts editor to match the pins will do you. If you want something more fancy than that then you would need to learn to edit the svgs which isn’t trivial or convince one of us to do it.

Peter

1 Like

Thanks for replying!
And all i need to do is editing two generic ICs with 16 pins(I can find HEF4094 in the bin,is it a generic one?) , and changing the pin description to match the correct pins?

So any generic IC with 16pins is functionally same,yet all the differences are descriptions?(I may be wrong but i cant help thinking this way :smile: )

thank you! if u don’t mind , check my another reply below vaneapp’s.

While it isn’t generic, it will work fine for what you want to do. Just edit it with the parts editor and change the pin labels to match the pins of your new IC and change the metadata to match the new IC save it as a new part and you should be away.

Essentially yes, the schematic will be generic but in many cases thats all you need and its easy (or at least easier). If you want internal logic or an odd pin layout you need to edit the underlying svg files to do that, but for something that matches the generic template just changing the labels does it. Fritzing doesn’t do simulation (at least directly) so it doesn’t really care what the chip does internally only what it looks like.

Peter

1 Like

There are billions of different parts so there will never be a specific part for every one, but there are less PCB footprints because they standardised part sizes. You have one machine stamping out parts, because it’s cheaper, and they put different internals in std generic cases and just stamp it with another number.

1 Like

@Old_Grey @vanepp
Thanks for your detailed instructions and explainations,they meaning a lot to a beginner.
I feel the spirit here :slight_smile:
Thanks again!