I need help with keyes l298

Hello, I’m a newbie. Can anyone help me with Keyes L298 in fritzing?

A google search for “fritzing part l298” turns up several (although not identical to this one, may be close enough.) As well I have this copy (I don’t remember where I downloaded it from though) which while not identical should do much the same thing:

L298N DC motor driver.fzpz (110.1 KB)

Peter

My grandson and myself are having the accompanying issues with controlling 2 dc engines with an Arduino Uno R3 and a L298 with a straightforward engine sketch. We adhered to the guidelines for connecting the L298 and the Arduino and down stacked the engine sketch . This is what occurs. We plug the 9 volt battery into the Arduino and the green drove illuminates and L1 and L2 flashes on the L298 yet the engines don’t turn (engines have there possess power supply )

Welcome aboard! If you upload the sketch (the .fzz file, upload is 7th icon from the left in the reply menu) for your circuit I’ll have a look and see what I can suggest. The first thing I would suggest is to check the two enable inputs (ENA and ENB). They need to be high (+5V) for the driver to actually drive the motor, if they are low (ground) the motor won’t run as you describe.

Peter