I do not understand why the standard parts bin is so limited

OK so I see 1 resistor for 220ohms. Am I doing something wrong? If I do a parts search for a 1K resistor nothing shows up. Where are all the standard resistor values?

Do I need to download a library of resistors?

Regards,

Roger

Yes, you are ignoring Inspector.

default standard resistor which is modifiable by Inspector (which is true of any of the builtin parts)

select a standard value from the pull down menu in Inspector and the color code changes to match.

For non standard values (such as 1% resistors) you can type over the numeric value in the value field (note you need to delete the ohm symbol for this to work I think!)
Similar things happen with headers (by default 2 position), you can change the parameters in Inspector to get different sizes and sexes.

Peter

1 Like

Thank you for the follow up. I don’t know why, but I tried to do what you did in the example before I posted and I was not able to. Now I can change the value as you demonstrated. I don’t think I had the inspector visible but instead another window that the pull down didn’t work in.

Anyway my inexperience is evident. Thank you.

Regards,

Roger

You may have left the ohm symbol in the resistor value. If you do that the value won’t change (and there is no error message as I recall.) You need to remove the ohm symbol before it will accept the change although the pull down should always work. Another quirk is you can’t change the value if the resistor isn’t in a sketch (i.e. if you click on the resistor in the parts bin, you can’t change its value because the bins are read only, again no error message. )

Peter