Hello there!
Normally, I am familiar with simulation tools.
But I can not make the fritzing scope measuring (breadboard view).
Is there a trigger setting or something? How can I make the channels run?
When starting simulating, there are only the pointers of the used channels, but no measurement.
Thanks for your help,
StefanEss
By default the simulation is only an operating point, DC. The transitory simulation is still a beta feature. If you why to try it out, you need to start fritzing in debugging mode. And then select the transitory simulation in the simulation button. Even though i think it gets activated if there is a oscilloscope.
Check this post acs thread for more details
Dear friends!
I have two things to say about this.
First:
I found an old post from 2025 that mentions the same problem. And the problem still hasn’t been fixed (or hidden)?
Second:
If the oscilloscope isn’t working, it shouldn’t be available. How am I supposed to know if there are other components that are present but not functioning properly?
Pretty thanks for consideration, StefanEss
Thanks for your input.
The transitory simulations are not yet released because it is still in an alpha state. There are probably a lot of bugs and features to implement. Releasing it as it is now it may overload us with several issues we are aware of. In any case, it maybe more useful to hide this feature as a beta feature and be able to enable it from the properties menu or add a warning the first time the transitory analysis is performed. Thats up to @KjellM .
Regarding the availability of the oscilloscope, we believe that the oscilloscope can be useful to users to illustrate how to connect it to their circuit. And it is easy to add some lines on a drawing program in you want to show a signal. So, not functional for the transitory analysis but useful for other purposes.
No offense, but that’s complete nonsense. @KjellM
If the oscilloscope doesn’t function as an oscilloscope, it shouldn’t be displayed in the picklist. The claim that the oscilloscope can serve as a practice example for connecting test leads is ridiculous.
If an item is listed there for use, users will install it in their circuits. And since users assume that the components listed in the app are correct, everyone will look for the error in their own circuit.
I understand that the transient simulation isn’t enabled in the alpha version.
Surely the transient simulation is also needed elsewhere in one of the more complex components? And do those also function only as placeholders?
Sorry, but that’s quite unsatisfactory.
Simulation works, when enabled, within limits of pre-production software, if all components used have spice data included in the part. That is not a given. Fritzing existed before any simulation capabilities were added, and parts from then do not include the needed spice data. Adding the spice data to parts is ongoing. I do not expected any real simulation to work if a microcontroller is included in the circuit. That would need another layer of logic simulation, not just the physical layer for spice. Even with spice data, this started as a dc analysis. Transient is being added, which is where the scope becomes useful. Normally meters and scopes do not change the functionality of the circuit they are connected to. There are warnings all over the place that simulation capabilities are new, pre-production, alpha, beta, incomplete. Anyone assuming that it will just work without verifying compatible components has ignored the warnings.
Okay, understood.
I’m experimenting a bit with a discrete analog circuit for turn-on and turn-off delays. I want to charge and discharge a large capacitor with a small current to achieve switching times of about 1–5 seconds. (This is followed by a Darlington transistor stage, etc.—but that’s not relevant here.)
For this, I’d need the exponential function of the capacitor’s charging curve. Since nothing worked in the simulation, I checked it with an oscilloscope. And there (as we all know now), even less worked.
I can understand that Fritzing doesn’t work perfectly. And I also understand that the implementation isn’t something you can do with a snap of your fingers.
On the other hand, users might end up looking for a fault in their circuit when the problem is actually due to an incomplete implementation.
I’ll try to keep that in mind.